• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much RAM does your primary computer have installed? 2014 Version

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much RAM does your primary computer have installed?

• < 2 gig (I give my page filing a workout)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - 3.9 gig

• 4 - 7.9 gig

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • 8 - 15.9 gig

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • 16 - 31.9 gig

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • 32 - 63.9 gig

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • > 64 gig

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
32GB in my work PC because I suckered my boss into paying for it...

My desktop has 8GB, my HTPC has 8GB, my laptop has 8GB, my wife's Asus ROG has 8GB IIRC, my kids have 1GB each on their laptops (P4 2.8 HT and some newer-ish Celeron). I have my IBM eServer xSeries x346 with 4GB RAM and three Compaq T5300 thin clients (512k mem each) connected to it.

My main desktop has 16GB, was taking several college courses that required several VMs, so I picked up this set of Kingston. Lucked out as well, got the kit on sale for $75 and that was the last time I saw it dip below the $100 mark. A worthy investment, since even after I graduated I'm frequently going over 10GB used.

Got an 8GB kit of Corsair Vengeance for my laptop (was on sale and I was running a couple VMs on it as well) and popped the 6GB that came with it into my HTPC, even though I never go over half that.

Then it's 4GB in my NAS, 8GB in my lanbox, and 3gb in my "In the event of zombie apocalypse, use as bludgeon" computer.

Desktop has 16Gb - I would like more to take advantage to a quad channel motherboard, but its not worth the expense as I don't use anywhere near 16Gb.
Laptop has 16Gb - Current Macbook Pro, RAM is soldered so I got the most I could in at the time of purchase.

Home server has 8Gb - Its more than I need really but 4Gb DIMMS are so inexpensive these days.

Media PC has 4Gb - don't need more than 4gb Really just used a spare 2x2Gb SODIMM Kit I had

Last edited:
32 Corsair Vengeance. Most i've ever seen in use was 12gb.. Had planned on using this setup for a couple vm's. Found out this MB and the "K" chip has issues with VM's and they run like a 286 on win 3.0

32 Corsair Vengeance. Most i've ever seen in use was 12gb.. Had planned on using this setup for a couple vm's. Found out this MB and the "K" chip has issues with VM's and they run like a 286 on win 3.0

VMs running that slow on a 2600k? I've never seen them get too bad. Is visualization and all that fun stuff enabled?

32 GB of ripjaws Z ddr3 2400 CL 10 overkill goodness. 4x8Gb quad channel kit.

The backup rig is running 4x2GB dominator ddr3 1600 dual channel. After 6 years it still runs fine at 1600x1200, but it's showing its age on new games, hence the ivy-E rig.

Maybe I can edit in the signature later. Mobile needs a replacement, too...

Since I downgraded my daily rig to X58 then I'm running now 24GB TridentX 2400 C10 @~1800 8-9-9 but it may change soon as I'm selling part of these TridentX sticks.
2nd rig has 32GB Patriot 2400 C10. Also some various kits on the testing rig.

Back