• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How off do the volatages have to be for it to be bad (is my pc about to get fried?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

How off do the volatages have to be for it to be bad (is my pc about to get fried?)

I'm getting random restarts, but they are days or weeks apart... i think it may be the powersupply... I set the voltage monitoring program and put the threshhold at 2% I'm getting this:

+5 at around 5.07
3.3 at around 3.28
+12 at around 12.20 (spikes up to 12.25)

I'm thinking that 12v dosen't look good...

I don't really trust software monitoring programs, so if you have a voltmeter handy, use that and give us some readings! :D

What kind of restarts are you talking about? Blue screen error or just black screen?

±5%. But measure with a DIMM.

I have one, not quite sure how to use it to measure volates on comp... not sure if its safe to do so when running... wont fry anything?

I don't really trust software monitoring programs, so if you have a voltmeter handy, use that and give us some readings! :D

What kind of restarts are you talking about? Blue screen error or just black screen?

Its as if i hit the restart button out of the blue (but I didnt)...
comp just restarts all of a sudden... im working on something BAM off and restarting...

Back