• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Remove Office Product Key?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

I am giving a laptop away but I am not including software such as Office 2010. Although I uninstalled Office 2010, the associated Product or CD Key still is identifiable via software like Magical Jelly Bean (Caution with this nasty app as it installs bonuses like toolbar crap). I searched the registry but the Key must be encoded because I could not find it.

How can I delete once and for all references, especially the Product Key, to the no longer installed Office 2010?

Of course I waited to the last minute to sanitize this machine so my wife is now getting antsy because she is flying out in the morning with it to give a relative.

W7 but I just fixed the problem. Although I uninstalled Office, I just noticed something associated with Outlook that was hiding in the list of software to uninstall. After killing that the Office product key was gone.

Back