• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to obtain MS Office executable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xantom

I have a friend who purchased MS Office Home and Business 2010 online a while back. We have the product key, but not the software to install. I have used MS's tool online to download the exe but my friend has no idea what email they have associated with the Product Key. Essentially I am trying to avoid a long drawn out call with MS to get this resolved. Does anyone know an easier way to acquire the EXE? Thanks in advance.

Been there, they ask you to log in with the email you used to create your account. The email she used no longer exists.

However I had an .exe from a different version of 2010 and that worked for me.

Microsoft didnt require you to use an email account (live account) until they started selling office 2013. Since she purchased office 2010 long before they sold 2013... all she should need to do is create a new microsoft account and associate the key she has with that account. Once that's done, she'll be able to download a exe file directly from microsoft specifically for her version of office. I would recommend backing it up somewhere too once you do get a copy of it.

-TC

Back