• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to build a Chiller ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Death Spirit

Hi Overclocker's :thup:

This is my first thread here, but i think i will find a lot of expert guys here =D
well... actualy i have in mind the project to mod my water cooler (Thermaltake BigWater 760is) making it a Chiller... i have found some information about, but not much clear to understand... :eh?:

I want to know how to make a "conection" between the normal WC and the compressor... how the sistem works ? and this :blah:... hahaha

Well thanks a lot for the attention =)

Last edited:
Are you looking to do a phase change system, where the refrigerant is directly cooling the CPU or do you want to do a water chiller system, where a chiller cools the water then its basic water cooling after that?

If you are looking to do phase, all you are doing is routing the refrigerant to the CPU block, just as youd route it to a coil unit.

If you want chiller, it depends upon what type you build. A true "chiller" is a sealed unit where it chills the water internally then outputs the water, so its just a direct hook up. Now if you are looking to use a homemade chiller, it could be done a few ways.

I mean really, phase is the way to go if you have the option. Chilled water wont really help you overclock much if at all over typical high end water cooling, but itll cost alot more (both in energy and parts cost).

Thanks for the reply !

doz
Well... im thinking in build a water cooler where a chiller cools the water =]

Bobnova
Thanks for the link, im going to read it ! ^^

Back