• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Clean Hard Drive Context Menu in Windows 7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twisted4000

When I right-click my OS SSD, there's a button in the context menu called "Back Up" which must have been from some software I installed a long time ago that I no longer have. When I click on it, I get the error: "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageLauncher.exe'. Make Sure you typed the name correctly, then try again." So basically, the software is gone, but it's "Back Up" option on the OS drive's context menu is not. Any ideas of how to get rid of it? Thanks.

I like a program called "Revo Uninstaller" It's great for uninstalling then cleaning up after programs that you uninstall. However, that won't help you clean up after a program that is already uninstalled. One option may be to install a "trial" version of TruImage and then use Revo to remove it.

Just an idea if it's not the best idea.

Hopefully someone has a better idea but my idea ain't the worst. ;)

I use windows 7 mgr's 'context menu mgr' feature.
I just had to remove a non-existent xnview mp reference myself.
001.jpg

Back