• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to delete Registry files safely

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigtyme07

I'm wondering how to do this because whenever I uninstall a program it seems to leave traces of itself in the registry and in temp folders and such. Anyone have a good way of completely deleting programs? I have revo uninstaller and it works great when the program shows up on the list... some of the programs I have don't show up on the list...

Ahhh. Revo Uninstaller is awesome! CCleaner is also awesome. Both are in the top 5 best softwares in my opinion!

Try CCleaner^^

Good info, downloading CCleaner now :)

Just make sure you do a backup of the registry before you delete anything. CCleaner will give you the option to make a backup and save it to the directory of your choice.

Just make sure you do a backup of the registry before you delete anything. CCleaner will give you the option to make a backup and save it to the directory of your choice.

I actually have that setting disabled. I have yet to see CCleaner delete a needed registry file.

But I would still suggest you keep it on!

Personally I don't trust any third-party registry cleaning programs, especially from unknown sources, for determining that my registry has errors that need to be repaired or deleted. If you were to do a registry scan w/ ten different so-called registry cleaning / repair programs, you'd get ten different scan results. So being that the results would be different based on the program, which one would you trust to clean your registry?

A guy posted here some time ago that used the built-in registry cleaner in CCleaner, after which on reboot Windows refused to load either to normal mode or safe mode. He hadn't made a backup beforehand, and had important data on the drive that he couldn't afford to lose.

I have used Stellar Phoenix Registry manager utility to delete unwanted windows entries.

Feature Highlight:
1. Clean the system for better performance
2. Optimize physical memory
3. Backup & restore windows registry
4. Offers log report for all the activities

For detailed information Click Here

Back