• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to disable password forwin 10 login screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sony190

I bought grandfather a new computer a HP All In One.MODEL: 22-DD0010He can not remeber password. I talked to HP and they told me thatMicrosoft has lockEd Windows 10 so that you have tologin with password or windoes Hello.
I have tried the check box next to user name but there is no check box.Also regedit.The keyline is not there.

Is there away too turn the password off for windows log in

Attachments

• m.jpg
    m.jpg
    672.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Open Administrative Tools --> Computer Management --> Local Users and Groups --> Users --> right click (user name) and click Set Password and leave password fields blank.

Administrative Tools
admintools.jpg

Computer Management
computerman.jpg

Users
user.jpg

Last edited:
If your grandpa's computer was setup with a Microsoft account, which I assume it was since the initial setup of Windows definitely pushes you that way, I would switch it to a local account so that his password doesn't have to be checked each time he logs in. One that is done, you can remove the password and leave it blank so he doesn't have to enter one. Otherwise, if using a Microsoft account I'm not sure you can remove the password. I never do a setup using a Microsoft account anymore. I've had customers lose track of their Microsoft password for one reason or another and we had to do a complete fresh install of Windows. If you use a local account and lose track of your password there is software that can be used to delete it from the machine so that you can get into Windows and create a new one. If you are using a Microsoft account you can't do that because you have to match the password for that account they have stored on their server.

If your grandpa's computer was setup with a Microsoft account, which I assume it was since the initial setup of Windows definitely pushes you that way, I would switch it to a local account so that his password doesn't have to be checked each time he logs in. One that is done, you can remove the password and leave it blank so he doesn't have to enter one. Otherwise, if using a Microsoft account I'm not sure you can remove the password. I never do a setup using a Microsoft account anymore. I've had customers lose track of their Microsoft password for one reason or another and we had to do a complete fresh install of Windows. If you use a local account and lose track of your password there is software that can be used to delete it from the machine so that you can get into Windows and create a new one. If you are using a Microsoft account you can't do that because you have to match the password for that account they have stored on their server.

That too :)

Back