• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to export flash to quicktime

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krusty

Insane Overclocking Clown
My girlfriend is trying to take a flash animation she made with Macromedia Flash MX pro and export it to a quicktime .mov. She has legal versions of flash mx and quicktime pro and is unable to figure out how to get a quicktime movie out of flash.

Anyone got any ideas?

hmm u can export as .avi i beleive.....my mac wont see .avi's encoded with divx or wmv...but i think it can see the .avi...im almost sure of it.

i could never understand why those audio CD's with videos almost always use the .mov format.

try realplayer or winamp if worse comes to worse...i know theresa realplayer for mac? if not i think u could compile xmms or something similar for it.

It turns out that you need to set the flash publish settings in order to export quicktime.

btw.. check for this option when exporting... there's a mode where the MOV contains the vector animation or SWF itself instead of the rasterized content! the file size gives it away. i said this cause i did some animation work for TVCs using Flash & when i wanted to get some MOV output it'd just embed the SWF in it!

Back