• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to increase cooling pad FAN speed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Butcher89

Hello everibody, is there any way to modify my cooling pad to increase the fan speed? It has 3 fans , 2 small and 1 big. It is powerd trough USB. Would it run at faster speed if i increase the voltage, and if yes, how, what do i need?

The fans are USB controlled. Meaning 5VDC power. You could try 7 volts, they would spin faster, You'd have to get a 7V power supply and open it up and solder wires etc. I wouldn't try 12V, the fans will probably burn out.

If your not prone to opening stuff and soldering etc, I'd not give it a try.

The fans are USB controlled. Meaning 5VDC power. You could try 7 volts, they would spin faster, You'd have to get a 7V power supply and open it up and solder wires etc. I wouldn't try 12V, the fans will probably burn out.

If your not prone to opening stuff and soldering etc, I'd not give it a try.

Hear me out, i've solded wires to an AC adapter , looks like the power is divided equally between the 3 fans, whenever i pull out 1 of the fans seems to give more power to the others and so on, i've left only 2 fans(the big one in the center and the left one right on the laptops fan position, theres no need for a third as it cools down ...what...the DVDRW?), theres nothing burning till now. but i'd like more power, the AC adapter is set to 12 V powering 2 fans, can i get more out of it?

Look for stickers on the fan hubs. If they're actually 12V fans, you could try adding another USB power connector in series to the first, which would supply them with 10V instead of 5V.

Back