• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Isolate SHOW DESKTOP function to just 1 monitor? (Multi monitor setup)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tea_J

Hi Guys

I have multi-monitor setup (3) .. Work monitor as primary and the rest for whatever. and i needed a separate task bar for each monitor so that my work monitor (1) wont be cluttered with all the other taskbars running that i dont need on monitor 1.. I believe there are apps for this like Ultramon..

but what im more concerned w/ is, im a big Win+D shortcut user.. (Show desktop) i use it a lot. but i dont want all the other monitors showing its desktop, only the one i am on .. is this possible?

HAppy New year guys!

I'm pretty sure third-party software is the only way to go. Either UltraMon or DisplayFusion can do it, but neither one is free.

I just tried UltraMon, and unfortunately it doesnt have the SHOW DESKTOP isolation thing that i really needed

Options menu--> Hotkey tab--> Highlight "Show the desktop on monitor with mouse", and assign any key combo that you'd like.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 97
thanks for reply.

i read it, but as i understand , this is done w/ a different key combination.. i wanted the default windows key combination.

Back