• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to make a Fidget Spinner - PC Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I made it through 1:30. That's pretty good right? Can anyone last longer than me?

pants on or pants off?

HAHAHAHA I'll leave that open to your imagination.

That's just too much. He's married, boys..... :p

Honestly, though, he's not a bad reviewer. I mean, sure, he's getting paid to do it, but all of his reviews are pretty well rounded (some holes, sure, but every review has some), and he's not partial to the part simply because he got it for free (I've seen this a lot, and that bothers me more than his quirkyness and obvious lack for any real scientific method). He puts the part through his tests, and then gives you feedback based on what he sees.

This video, though... I mean, this is like "hey, my cousin just broke his leg trying to jump that ditch on his bike. Let's see if we can do it!"

I had a chance to meet him a couple of times. We hung out for a while when EVGA invited us out there for their ICX debut. He really is a nice dude. Some of his points though, well, they leave a lot to be desired for me, but, on a personal level, he's a good guy to hang out with and BS. :)

I don't think he gets paid to review products? He's getting paid by the hits he developed from the vids and advertising?

Well technically getting the product free is getting paid, but he is not getting a check to go along with that product. He does typical sponsored videos like everybody else. His revenue like every other techtuber is adsense, sponsorships, affiliate links, and donations along with the mountain of free stuff he is sent every year which he is free to sell if he wanted too...

Well technically getting the product free is getting paid....

.... along with the mountain of free stuff he is sent every year which he is free to sell if he wanted too...
heh, if only keeping the product (to sell) paid the bills... bud, there are $50 parts and there are 800 parts. Im not sire about you, but, my daily job pays about 7x more than what an average of all (my) reviews 'paid'. The amount of hours that goes in to properly reviewing an item puts most around minimum wage. That isnt including the time and effort to sell it. I also happen to know he doesnt generally sell his stuff. Many things are kept, others given away. :)

Last edited:
Agreed. I've spent about 30 hours reviewing a $50 item before. You don't do it for the free stuff (although it's nice), you do it to make sure consumers are getting their money's worth.

I just don't really like his style... it is all personal preference.

On the other hand, anybody that raises the profile of our hobby and brings more people to it is helping all of us. I can only imagine the influx of sales the Terry Crews stuff brought in.

Still don't like his vids though.

Back