• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to overclock AMD a8-5600k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slyffer6

Alright, so i pretty new with over clocking and i have a amd a8 5600k and i was looking to overclock it just to squeeze a little more performance out of it. The problem is i cant find any tutorials and I don't know where to start. If anyone can help the would be great!

specs:
CPU: AMD A8 5600k
MOBO: Gigabye GA_F2A88XM fm2+
RAM: Corsair vengence 1600mz
PSU: Corsair CX 500
GPU: R9 270 oc

Help will be much appreciated!

slyffer, I have not come across any guides specific to the Fm Apu platform but reading this guide will give you the basic understanding of what you need to do. What are you cooling the chip with? You should use AMD Overdrive to monitor the temperatures. It was the only software I found, when overclocking my A10 7850k, that gave accurate temps on the cores.

Searching is key most often since the APU are not...

...not yet the overclocking darlings for HiPo addicts. There are only 4 cores available in APUs vs up to 8 cores on discrete AMD FX processors and against some Intel setups one needs all the help one can obtain.

If you put AMD a8-5600k plus how to overclock into say g00gle and then do a little research on the 'hits' you get you will see that pushing the cpu to 4.5Ghz has little boost over stock clock. Maybe on the order of 3 FPS in the games some were using. Not a lot. Most gains were found in overclocking the GPU portion of the APU. Pairing an ATI 6790 with the inbuilt video card in hybrid CFx also had little performance boost. I would expect the stand alone video card to do better when not linked to the slower inbuilt video.

For my personal use of the later AMD cpu types, I would n0t like to have to use more than 1.5125Volts to the cpu for day in and day out use. YMMV.
RGone...ster.

Back