• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to really use UV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that looks very groovy. i would do that to my UV cathodes, but you can only see like e 2 inch section of one of them.

oh yeah, hooray for eagle scouts (im one too!).

as i said in my first post, i did use a clove hitch. but i figured that someone asking how to tie them on wouldnt know how to tie one of those, so i just substituted other knots... which really are a kind of hitch when used here. but thanks for the link.

GREAT IDEA!!!!
after i read this i took some of my green fishing line 10lb test and i took my side off and sat down on my couch with it and started winding the line around the lil pegs that hold the window on.....yea it took me about 2 hours the line kept slipping off the lil pegs. so i keep doing this and after about 25 feet i cut it off and tied it to one of the pegs. now it looks like i have a sipder living in my case. its sooo tight.......if i my camera hadnt broken i would take a picture

awesome idea man. we used to make a giant spider web out of fishing line in front of the house for haloween decorations when my sibs and i were younger... i used it as a way to convince my dad to buy a blacklight back in the day when they were a bit more pricey. still have it too... i might give your idea a try too. sadly my parents are going on a cruise so i wont have access to my dad's camera... no pics for me for a week!

I love my uv fans, they light everything very well, even inspired me to have a manufacturer come out with a new product. Will be the first to have it too.
I had a few flies in the house, now they are dead in my case, thanks UV!!

itizme said:
even inspired me to have a manufacturer come out with a new product.

i don't follow... what's the product? and how did flies get in your case? i dont think any could make it past my whirring fans without becoming anything other than fly parts.

Smirabi said:

i don't follow... what's the product? and how did flies get in your case? i dont think any could make it past my whirring fans without becoming anything other than fly parts.

Just a little unique case mod for mobos I thought of, since I should be the first tohave some I will post pics when I get mine.

So far as the fly parts go I am not sure, sometimes I see a live fly in there, cleaned eight or so out last night.

Well I'm sitting here reading the first post (in awe of the images) saying to my self --- "no one other than a scout would talk about a series of half hitches"--- then the clove hitch and it was official.

I got my Eagle a while back too ;)

Also:
itizme said:
I had a few flies in the house, now they are dead in my case, thanks UV!!

It was interesting I just caught my first fly in my case 2 days ago... was also wondering why he wasn't a bunch of fly parts... wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a clear case....

Back