• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UV-reactive tubing project; please recommend good UV lighting :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Locla

Registered
Hi all,

I've had some UV-reactive tubing in my case for a while now, since I started liquid cooling about a year ago. I've recently moved and my PC is now in a much more exposed position, so I got to thinking that it would be nice to get it finally glowing. I've had a cursory look around but UV lighting seems slightly obscure and often in the realm of purple light rather than UV light, when you read the small print.

I was hoping that I could get some advice from someone with previous experience on what to buy; I've read that the light needs to be at around 365 nm wavelength or so to be true UV, and that CCFLs tend to fade over time, so my idea is to get a 30/60cm strip of UV LEDs. If anyone could recommend a brand they've found to produce reliable, good quality true UV light, please let me know :D many thanks in advance!

Back