• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC WON'T POST, please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think not many of us who participate in this forum would give any of the motherboard manufacturers high marks for customer service when it comes RMA time.
I will add this anecdotal exception. Back in the day when leaky electrolytic caps on motherboards was a big problem, I had a "4" year old Gigabyte board that started to give me problems with out-of-the-blue reboots and shutdowns. A careful visual inspection revealed several leaky and several more bulging electrolytics surrounding the CPU socket. I contacted Gigabyte and was promptly given an RMA for a replacement board with all new caps. The replacement was shipped by express shipment before I returned the old one (many want the old first).

Understand, that board came with a "3" year warranty but Gigabyte replaced it anyway. I only had to pay return shipping. I have been a loyal fan of Gigabyte since.

I fully understand my one example does not set any rule for everybody else, but it sure did for me.

Yes, those exceptions are pleasant surprises when they happen, for sure. I think a lot has to do with the individual on the tech support team you happen to be dealing with.

I really hope i don't get a non-working, un-repaired or replaced board.
I panicked for a second when you all mentioned to write down the serial number, and i didn't. However i did take a picture of it with my phone, so all is good.
Asus should have the board in their hands this week, so hopefully i'll know more this week.

Corsair took their sweet time approving my RMA for the PSU, so i'll finally be shipping that out today and waiting for its replacement.

I panicked for a second when you all mentioned to write down the serial number, and i didn't. However i did take a picture of it with my phone, so all is good.
Not all is automatically bad if you get the same one back. Sometimes they do actually repair them and send the same one back. Much depends on if they have "refurbished" already in stock and/or if yours has an apparent problem they can easily fix.

Update - The motherboard is with ASUS and is being repaired (per their support website via the RMA they gave me). So, it looks like the motherboard was the main problem.

Also, i finally sent in the PSU yesterday to Corsair (they took their time approving the RMA) as i tested it one last time and the PG value was still giving me an error 10% of the time. They don't have my model in stock however they're sending me the same PSU but one year newer. So, i should hopefully have my PC back up and running next week. This will also be a great time to redo my cable management.

Asus repaired the motherboard and it's in transit back to me. It should arrive tomorrow. However i'm still going to be waiting on Corsair with the PSU. Once that has finally come in, i will give a final update and hopefully good news that it's back up and running.

On a side note, i'm thinking of pulling the trigger on some cablemod power cables, SATA cables, and maybe a power cord from the wall to the PSU. My MB, memory, etc is all black, and i've got the LED's on the GPU, Motherboard, and fans all set to blue. My patch cords are orange coming out of my router, with blue wire ties. Was thinking of going with orange cable mod cables inside the case. Orange is just my color, lol. What cables do you recommend? The ModFlex or ModMesh. The ModFlex are a solid orange set of wires for the PSU, while the ModMesh are Black and Orange wires.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Sorry i didn't update. Thank you again everyone for your help.

Asus replaced the motherboard and sent me a new Z270E Gaming board. Corsair also sent me a 1 year newer RM 750x PSU. I reinstalled everything late last week and she booted the first time and is back to running at 5Ghz again.

Back