• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to set cpu voltage on a Asus P8P67-M Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

srg2412

I'm mystified that under the "Ai Tweeker" menu, in my BIOS, instead of seeing a "cpu voltage" setting, all I see is "offset mode sign" where I can choose + or - , and below that, "cpu offset voltage", which is currently set to "auto".

My current BIOS version is 0708, which I believe is the latest. All the tutorials I've seen on how to OC show screenshots of the "Ai Tweeker" menu with "Cpu Voltage Setting", what am I missing?

Thanks;
srg

Thanks for the reply Redduc900.....

Great explanation, but Wow, very complicated....

srg

For anyone else wondering about the voltage setting, I to have a P8P67-M Pro board in my hands, and have a weird issue where even if I keep the voltage settings the same in the BIOS. Whenever I increase the CPU turbo multi it automatically increases the CPU voltage as well. Not sure if it's a glitch in the BIOS, or if that's the way its supposed to be? For the record, I'm running 0708 BIOS as well. I'm working on a full review of the board so I will give it a week or two more before uploading it to see if they can address that issue.

That is the way it's supposed to be, most sandy bridge boards (P8P67 included) use Serial Voltage Identification (SVID) to dynamically scale voltage with processor speed (when using auto-voltage, within intels limits). It's not perfect, or even always that great, but for whatever reason ASUS chose to limit their P8P67-M boards to being forced to rely on that, then having the user tinker with Offset voltage to fine tune the setup.

It is annoying, but that is how it is, so when you increase your turbo multi the board will automatically scale your voltage up, and you will have to offset it down if you wish to keep the same voltage as before (and you won't know what the value will be until after you reboot).

On this board in particular, I'm not quite sure when to use the +, or - for adjust voltage. I guess if its overvolting at 4800MHz, I would switch to - and have it just decrease by .008 or whatever.

Back