• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing own graphic drivers ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you trying to reboot before installing the newer drivers or something? Don't do that. Just download the Nvidia drivers you want to install, then choose the Custom (Advanced) option and put a check in the box that says Perform a Clean Installation. It will remove the old drivers and install new ones without rebooting. I've never had a problem with Win10 installing over my drivers, and I actually have the option from that link set to Yes.

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing own graphic drivers 353 everytime when i try to uninstall them? I am uninstalling them and everytime when i reboot pc that stupid windows 10 is installing them again and i just cant install fresh new drivers.
Go here

http://winaero.com/download.php?view.16

Scroll down and download the "TakeOwnershipEx" file

Install the drivers you want then disconnect your Internet until you have done the steps below

1/ Start the applicable version of the tool in the Windows 8 folder.
2/ Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UpdateHandlers\Driver
3/ Within the tool press "Take Ownership" first, then "Open in Registry Editor".
4/ Now in the registry editor doubleclick on "DLL" and add a minus in front of wuuhext.dll.
5/ Now confirm and close the registry editor.

Reboot Windows.

This will stop Windows checking for driver updates, if you want to reverse this then follow the steps above and remove the 'minus' that was added.

Please bear in mind that any major updates to the OS will probably overwrite this change.

Hope this helps

Back