• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How well does your Opteron overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How far does your Opteron overclock?

• Single Core 1.8 GHz - 2.2 GHz

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • Single Core 2.2GHz - 2.6 GHz

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Single Core 2.6 GHz - 3.0 GHz

Votes: 131 18.6%
  • Single Core > 3.0 GHz

Votes: 69 9.8%
  • Dual Core 1.8 GHz - 2.2 GHz

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Dual Core 2.2 GHz - 2.6 GHz

Votes: 77 11.0%
  • Dual Core 2.6 GHz - 3.0 GHz

Votes: 222 31.6%
  • Dual Core > 3.0 GHz

Votes: 55 7.8%
  • Let us break David's legs !

Votes: 107 15.2%

• Total voters
Sir Jman said:
Do you mind posting your other settings? I have the same stepping and am having a lot of trouble reaching 2.8.

the majority of it is in the screenshot. look at the bottom right corner.
Opty_2.jpg

CPU Type: Single Core 144
Stepping: CACJE 0605 BPBW
Best Stable OC: 9x300 2700mhz
VCore: 1.376v
Temps: 30/42
Prime stable for 12+ hrs

Will keep turning it up :p , curious where i will hit a :bang head

Last edited:
i'm not impressed with suicide screenshots. how about some stability testing before.

CPU Type: 170
Stepping: CCBWE 0530TPMW
Best Stable OC: 270x10 (RAM 1:1)
VCore: 1.425V
Temps: 32/46

It's currently prime stable for about an hour. I had to stop it because I had other stuff to do, but I am confident that it could've gone one for at least a few more hours. I believe I'm still experiencing some burn-in. Hopefully my sults will improve a little after more use and some lapping.

I am running my 165 at 2.4GHz right now. I have not tried farther. I know I can get at least 2.8 out of it. This weekend I think I will finally have time to get farther.

POST REMOVED by mdcomp
Please refrain from posting those type of comments in the future. It does not contribute positively to the discussion.

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
CPU Type: Opteron 165 [0551WPMW]
Best Stable OC: 2610MHz
VCore: 1.40
Temps: 21°C/30°C

Core 1 can do 2.8GHz but Core 0 won't even do 2.7 even with 1.55 volts. I did several hours of burn-in on the weak core and I eventually got it to run stable at 2.7 with 1.52 volts. I wanted to see if I could get it stable at 1.50 volts by doing more burn-in but that seems to have made it less stable. After each burn-in session it was able to Prime longer until it went for 9.5 hours without an error. So I figured it was close to being stable at 1.50 volts so I did more burn-in and now it won't even Prime for more than 30 min where as before it Primed for 9.5 hours before it got an error. So I increase the vcore back to 1.52 volts and now its not stable anymore at this vcore because it only Primes for 30 min or less. Makes no sense to me how this could happen.

GV2NIX said:
These forums are G-rated, I think that was a little out of line.

do a forum search of the word. you'll come up with 3 pages of threads w/ the word mentioned. :shrug:

Mordith said:
CPU Type: Opteron 165 [0551WPMW]
Best Stable OC: 2610MHz
VCore: 1.40
Temps: 21°C/30°C

Core 1 can do 2.8GHz but Core 0 won't even do 2.7 even with 1.55 volts. I did several hours of burn-in on the weak core and I eventually got it to run stable at 2.7 with 1.52 volts. I wanted to see if I could get it stable at 1.50 volts by doing more burn-in but that seems to have made it less stable. After each burn-in session it was able to Prime longer until it went for 9.5 hours without an error. So I figured it was close to being stable at 1.50 volts so I did more burn-in and now it won't even Prime for more than 30 min where as before it Primed for 9.5 hours before it got an error. So I increase the vcore back to 1.52 volts and now its not stable anymore at this vcore because it only Primes for 30 min or less. Makes no sense to me how this could happen.
I have had the same prob with my 146.....

Let's get this back on topic, okay? I know you guys are all capable of having productive discussions, I see it all over the forums from all of you. Let's just leave this behind us. Thanks guys. Any questions or comments, you know where to find me.
:cool:

Matt

Back