• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How worried should I be?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frosty18

After hours of gaming, I start to see high temps on the Vcore1, Vcore2, and PCI-E temp measurements within the ASUS AI suite. When I say high, I mean > 60C. They usually top off around 65C. Short of some crazy cooling solution, I am not sure what else I can do here, as the CPU never exceeds 50C (it's on a corsair H100).

Are these temps normal for the Sabertooth 990FX?

Build Details:
Sabertooth 990FX
FX-6100 @ 4.9GHZ 1.55V - OCCT stable for ~8hrs then the H100 can't keep up anymore. But I run it daily, as I never stress the computer for 8hr gaming sessions.
8GB 1666 memory (doh, why didn't I buy 1866?)
6870Xfire - stock voltage and clocks
PC Power & Cooling 910W

vcore1 is the vrm temp on that board, vcore2 is related to the mosfets, i think.
it looks like you need more air flow to the area of the vrm and mosfets.
try mounting a fan to the side of the case blowing into the cpu area and this should improve things. this is what i have had to do after going to a water cooler to keep these temps in check.

For starters DL "core temp", the ASUS software isn't the most accurate.
Post a screen capture of core temp then we can start talking temps ! :)

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Not sure if this was intentional, or just a quick google search for coretemp, but I believe the version at that site includes Malware.

Since dloading that software I have had several accounts hacked and Sypot S&D identified the issue. After some googling I found out it's a W3i.IQ5 Fraud. Searching for W3i files led me back to the CoreTemp file I downloaded.

Not sure if this was intentional, or just a quick google search for coretemp, but I believe the version at that site includes Malware.

Since dloading that software I have had several accounts hacked and Sypot S&D identified the issue. After some googling I found out it's a W3i.IQ5 Fraud. Searching for W3i files led me back to the CoreTemp file I downloaded.

Heck that actually is the homesite. It did not used to say this at download.
Download: Core Temp 1.0 RC3
Clicking this Download button starts InstallIQ™, which manages your installation. Learn More
More downloads...

I don't really feel like I need anything to 'manage' my installation. If the 'hacking' was a result of InstalllQ then I certainly would go over there and give "The Coolest" a piece of my mind. I imagine it is a bot of sorts that he gets money from to help pay for the site. But hacking if a pure result of downloading that file from CoretTemp is d*mn sure reason enough to drop that thing like a hot potatoe. Plus if it actually true that now you are hacked from his file download then we need to make note here in our forum, since HWMonitor and CoreTemp actually did read Core Temps and not just Cpu Temps. HWMonitor does a good enough job but I would let him know over there, that you are one seriously upset individual. Just $0.01 with inflation. RGone...ster.

Not good at all. I just finished getting my FX system back together and had downloaded this which is sitting on my desktop and am glad I was too tired now to finish the install of all my programs. Man I would have been PISSED. Thanks for the extra link RGone.

Not good at all. I just finished getting my FX system back together and had downloaded this which is sitting on my desktop and am glad I was too tired now to finish the install of all my programs. Man I would have been PISSED. Thanks for the extra link RGone.

Yeah, I don't know if is just "Digsby" that InstallIQ pumps up the bloat for or what. I downloaded RC 0.99 I think it was and that stuff about InstallIQ was not there at his site at that time. It is there now and g00gle did not reassure me at all.

oldbrave - I don't get the feeling you did it maliciously. I simply wanted to post to make others aware.

While the site linked above only accounts for the 'bloatware' mine came with a trojan that allowed the user to keylog and get the passwords to my accounts. In the worst one, it hijacked my hotmail account I am using right now to find a new job and spammed a handful of recruiters using MY email address.

I bet they will opt not to hire me now.

*so angry*

That url is to Core Temp's home page and I listed it as a convenience !

Heck that actually is the homesite. It did not used to say this at download.
Download: Core Temp 1.0 RC3
Clicking this Download button starts InstallIQ™, which manages your installation. Learn More
More downloads...

I don't really feel like I need anything to 'manage' my installation. If the 'hacking' was a result of InstalllQ then I certainly would go over there and give "The Coolest" a piece of my mind. I imagine it is a bot of sorts that he gets money from to help pay for the site. But hacking if a pure result of downloading that file from CoretTemp is d*mn sure reason enough to drop that thing like a hot potatoe. Plus if it actually true that now you are hacked from his file download then we need to make note here in our forum, since HWMonitor and CoreTemp actually did read Core Temps and not just Cpu Temps. HWMonitor does a good enough job but I would let him know over there, that you are one seriously upset individual. Just $0.01 with inflation. RGone...ster.

It was a revenue generating scheme for sure. The bot used my email address to spam everyone in my contact list, thereby directing them to sites full of ads and scam "work from home" garbage.

Yeah, I just went back to alcpu and clicked on quick chat and there is the only place that really lets anyone know to be d*mn careful about later CoreTemp downloads.

Copied from QuickChat:
"Alcpu.com is distributing modified installers which differ from the originals. The modified installers are compliant with the original software manufacturer's policies and terms & conditions. Additional software recommendations may be offered to users on an opt-in basis during the installation."

Alcpu is handing out modded installers different from the originals. He is supposed to be the "original". And the modified installers are "okay'd" by alcpu and owner, author of the software. I would not use Quick Chat due to what is going on, but I may get me a gmail email address and contact that guy.

this is a little off topic but i download a file, save it and scan it with spy bot and malwarebytes before i do anything with it at the very least.

Back