• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED HP ML110-G7 350W psu enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fritzman

Stock standard ML110-G7 box, that I'm considering adding a decent quad-core E3-1260cpu to, plus an SSD off the mainboard, and 8 x Hitachi 3Tb (HDS723030ALA640) drives to :drool:
It means adding a bit of modding in the way of a 3-bay drive-tray and a 5-1/4">3-1/2" converter, but I reckon I could get all the drives in there, plus anticipate enough airflow around those drives from the psu-fan.

Question is... will the standard psu be enough to run the cpu, onboard graphics, the raidcard, the SSD and the 8 x drives along with the occasional DVD useage?

The psu is a Chicony S10-350P1A

Hoping someone will have a solid answer.

BTW... the box has an E3-1220 ... ooops+edit... i3-2100 in it at the moment, and if the calc's come out too high, please recalc with that, as I'm guessing it may draw a fraction less.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Is this the E3-1260L? If so, it actually draws less power than the 1220 you're replacing, it's also clocked lower. Is that really what you wanna do?

Is this the E3-1260L? If so, it actually draws less power than the 1220 you're replacing, it's also clocked lower. Is that really what you wanna do?

Sorry guys... edited the OP... it's an i3-2100.
Just fired her up to check.

The E3-1260L is a 45W CPU. Your PSU is good for anything short of a big graphics card.

Cheers! :cheers:

Back