• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HSF blade fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A HSF blade fan named Sandia announced their new idea to use heatsink role as fan to reduce space in CPU.

Link
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?281664-Future-of-Cooling

I can't found any benchmark test :bang head

Would the heatsink froze if i use it on peltier

Well from video they've only signed one option for electronic cooling, so they are quite a bit away from production models we can buy. We'll likely get comparative results when a manufacturer starts building and designing some integrated hsf.

As far as putting a peltier on this, I'm not really sure how you'd do that? Are you meaning cpu -> pelter -> hsf?

We had a rather large thread on it a while ago.

The long and short of it was summed up pretty nicely in that XS thread:
rge said:
The people that manufactured it stated the best cooling/resistance obtained was 0.2c/w per their white paper. Thermaltake ultra extreme for example has been measure at ~ 0.1C/W. Typical custom water cooling is much better yet.

This is not meant to replace high end air coolers for overclocking. It was aimed at replacing intels stock coolers, ie cool better with lower energy cost, and be less costly to produce. The goal I am sure was to sell to someone like intel and make millions replacing their stock coolers.

But it doesnt perform better than high end air coolers, nor was that the intent.

Well from video they've only signed one option for electronic cooling, so they are quite a bit away from production models we can buy. We'll likely get comparative results when a manufacturer starts building and designing some integrated hsf.

As far as putting a peltier on this, I'm not really sure how you'd do that? Are you meaning cpu -> pelter -> hsf?

Yup, cpu -> pelter -> hsf that is what i've been thinking, but i'm rather worry if the bearing will be freeze

We had a rather large thread on it a while ago.

The long and short of it was summed up pretty nicely in that XS thread:
Wow, Is it the same as Sandia. What do you think about it?

The bearing will be subjected to over twice the heatload, don't worry about it freezing.
Worry about the capability of something built to replace the stock cooler to move a heatload twice the normal size.

Back