• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HUGE Congrats!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks, the first 10M were the hardest! When I first started running SETI It was one WU at a time, and it took hours. Now multiple instances run in minutes. I'm writing this from a HUGE passenger ferry in the middle of the Agean, between Crete and Athens, via wi-fi. In the space of ~10 years look how much has changed. I can't wait to see what the next 10 will bring! 1B here I come!

Thanks, the first 10M were the hardest! When I first started running SETI It was one WU at a time, and it took hours. Now multiple instances run in minutes. I'm writing this from a HUGE passenger ferry in the middle of the Agean, between Crete and Athens, via wi-fi. In the space of ~10 years look how much has changed. I can't wait to see what the next 10 will bring! 1B here I come!

For sure, I remember those days of the command line client. Much simpler times for sure, but we still got work done. Even when I took my break from crunching a couple years ago, my best RAC was my Core2Quad q6600 that did maybe 6k tops. Now I have machine doing over 4 times that. Took me several years to get that first 10M, and now I'm already nearly 20% through the second 10M, and increasing the work per day done at an alarming rate. Even as little as a few months ago, I was pulling 20-25k RAC, now I'm strongly in second place on the team, behind your amazing RAC only now. At the rate I'm going this second 10M will be here and gone in the next four months or so, with at least one more machine coming on soon as I'm going to be adding an Alienware m11x with a 2GB Geforce 555m to the mix. Ten years from now we may be running hundreds of instances of SETI at a time. I hope Berkeley is ready!

Back