• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Huge problem with MOBO, Can't get into BIOS, tried f9-f11, f1, del. MSI p67a gd8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyler Bro

Registered
MOBO - p67a gd80

When I launch my computer, i see in white letters at the bottom of the screen "Press del to enter setup" but the background is black and nothing happens. What should I do? I have a pretty new gig, all expensive parts. i7 2600k, hyper 212 plus, gtx 560ti.

Not getting into my bios is very frustrating because that was the whole point in installing the cooler. :(

I also get no MSI Splash screen on startup. It's just a screen comes up saying it cant find my HHD because I have it in port 2 but it loads up. The next screen says the press del for setup just for a split second and disappears even though I clicked it 100 times and then windows just start up. It's very frustrating. I used to be able to enter my bios when i bought it but now I don't even get an msi splash screen.

PLEASE HELP!

is it not recognizing the keyboard? could you try a different keyboard

That's actually the first thing I tried fixing, I swapped my keyboard with another keyboard and it still didn't work.

This is so confusing.

did you swap the port the keyboard was in, a PS2 keyboard vs. USB keyboard?

that I didn't do. both usb devices.

All my usb devices light up though so that must mean they are on, right?

Is it not start up usb power on startup?

One thing I also notice is that when I have an error shutdown and start back up, that screen that says start windows normally. I have to wait for the timer to hit 0 from 30 because if I don't, whenever I move up or down with my arrows keys, the timer disappears and it just sits there, and I can't move so I have to restart again.

Very weird startup issues. Other than that, my computer runs perfectly fine.

On my MSI Board it's actually F2 for BIOS. Altough my manual suggests DEL, too.

On my MSI Board it's actually F2 for BIOS. Altough my manual suggests DEL, too.

It seems like my keyboard won't work.

I took out the jumper for the cmos on my main board and then reset it and that put my OC Genie to enable (Enabled by default but I disabled it a while back) so now I have no reason to go into the bios.

The problem is somewhat solved but if I ever want to oc it more and get back into my bios, I won't be able to.

What Peugot said, is the keyboard wireless?

Did you plug into a USB3.0 or USB2.0 port? My mobo won't see the keyboard if its in a USB3.0 port until after the BIOS is loaded up.

Back