• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hurry! Get your Golden Edition R7 autographed by Lisa Su.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Reminiscent in that its an anniversary CPU. Otherwise, its simply a T-shirt, 2 games, and the same exact processor. Good for collectors. I like that Intel's had a performance bump instead of only swag.

I remember back in the day when AMD would put out the "Anniversary Edition" package. You'd get "high end", but not the cream of the crop, Cpu in a fancy box with some swag like a tshirt/hat, keychain, poster and one of those "Do not disturb, Gaming" doorknob thingys. Vid card companies do that too if I remember correctly, but I may be wrong.

I like that Intel's had a performance bump instead of only swag.

Stock you got 100 MHz on 1 core turbo and that was it. Same at 2+ core turbo to 8700k. Harder to tell what the binning got you for OC. It seemed on average based on reports at the time it was around 100 MHz more OC headroom than a 8700k. I mean, I got one, but it is a stretch to call that a meaningful performance bump.

I remember back in the day when AMD would put out the "Anniversary Edition" package. You'd get "high end", but not the cream of the crop, Cpu in a fancy box with some swag like a tshirt/hat, keychain, poster and one of those "Do not disturb, Gaming" doorknob thingys. Vid card companies do that too if I remember correctly, but I may be wrong.

Hey Neb

What's new with you? I have a few computer projects in the works, it would be nice if we could collaborate sometime. Perhaps you can help me get a little more out of my LGA 775 retro setup, that is if you are still in the area...

As for this, it's more for the hardcore collector than anyone else.

Stock you got 100 MHz on 1 core turbo and that was it. Same at 2+ core turbo to 8700k. Harder to tell what the binning got you for OC. It seemed on average based on reports at the time it was around 100 MHz more OC headroom than a 8700k. I mean, I got one, but it is a stretch to call that a meaningful performance bump.
a bump is a bump though. :)

Back