• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HWBOT Rankings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think I am losing boints faster than yall can make them

HWBot changed their API, we haven't dug into it enough to fix this thread yet.
It'll happen at some point.

So you team is about bench marks im sorry for all the questions but I really like benchmarking and seeing where I stand among the other members.

Yep, this team is about benchmarking the computer hardware. A side/bonus is being able to submit the scores to HWBot and get ranked against other people in the world.

Granted this forum also has other teams (Folding, SETI, etc)

Bench Marking Software

So is there a rule about what software to use. I currently use Furmark and nova bench

http://hwbot.org/benchmarks

are the benchmarks that we submit for points at HWBot (check the checkmarks/Xs in the table/list).

As well as the rules for submitting and so forth.

For what it's worth I don't recommend furmark, current generation cards are generally throttling anything done by it as it puts more stress through the card than it should/would receive from anything else.

Mostly just those benchmarks in my opinion. There are others out there, however enough people run these ones that it is easier to see how you compare.

Also, those listed cover single threaded and multithreaded processing, and many generations of graphics. Its a good selection.

Other than the benches, cpuz gives CPU and memory settings. Gpuz does the same for graphics cards. Core temp and real temp are best for temperatures.

For what in particular? Instead of furmark?

I generally just stick with the benchmarks on hwbot, personally.

I know that some like to use cinebench as well (I haven't personally run it yet) and there is a new copy/version of 3dMark that just came out as well -- check out the Overclocktagon!

Finally made the top 20 in UK,\o/ that was my aim for the whole year, looking for top ten now by the end of the year, its a big ask when I only have access to dice as of now but challenge accepted :attn:

at least you have acess to DICE man! I can get it locally but its a PITA and then I have to do it on a day the kids are all gone because the wife dont like the fumes. but hell im still gonna kick some hwbot *** just gained 2 gold cups for the team. I need a cascade or phase change.

Finally made the top 20 in UK,\o/ that was my aim for the whole year, looking for top ten now by the end of the year, its a big ask when I only have access to dice as of now but challenge accepted :attn:

Congrats Keny. :) Sounds like you are way ahead of schedule. I think top ten is in your future for sure. :)

Congrats Keny. :) Sounds like you are way ahead of schedule. I think top ten is in your future for sure. :)

I hope so :D I have a load of 775 stuff left to bench, and that seems to be worth some decent boints if I can get them cold, but my tpower board may have died working on the team cup so I may have to get another good 775 board to run them on, I've started to dabble with gpu's lately (mostly killing them) as they seem to be worth sons decent boints also, even on air with a vmod :attn:

Back