• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HWiNFO64 bug ? should i be worried ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

So rock steady 4.8ghz overclock in games and benchs, all power options disabled in BIOS, CPU unparked and with max performance settings in Windows 7 PRO 64bit. Was trying out Watch Dogs to check temps and i see this... BUS and core clock fluctuations. I restarted and notice these happen at Windows login (when HWiNFO64 starts its already at 4.9ghz and it drops as soon as stops loading apps). Should i be worried or do i ignore as i haven't had driver crashes, micro-stutters or even BSOD ? Running at 1.440v if this helps.

Clipboard01.jpg

If you have power saving options enABLED In windlws, It's normal. Set it to performance.

Mine does not do that.

Hence why i posted here for advice, i do not use OC software, everything i change is from BIOS. Minuscule variations is normal, 5mhz/20mhz on the core, not a full 130mhz. BUS is not supposed to change like that with all the settings locked. I will try using Open Hardware Monitor to double check later on today, will post more.

Am thinking OWM is not going to be much help, no variations whatsoever but reports BUS at 600 ?

Clipboard01.jpg

My CHV-Z with HWINFO_64...

...I completely understand my system being under a load to Open HWINFO_64 and then since I have set up to reduce the multiplier and cpu speed when NOT under a load and dropping back to a cpu speed of 1439.8MHz. BUT to my knowledge there is nothing within an AMD FX processor that can signal the motherboard to change the HT Ref Freq/FSB/BUSS speed by any amount.

I don't like the idea of such happening. I don't know why the refernce frequency can oscillate by that amount and now you say is completely mis-read by 'another' application. Something upon general examination does not seem correct or right in the overall scope of things, even if you say you experience no problems. Is what is seen a harbinger of future issues? I do not know.

RGone...

1HWINFOa.jpeg

EDIT:
I went and downloaded the latest version of Open Hardware Monitor and ran it with the results as shown in image below.
END EDIT.

OpenHardMon.jpeg

Last edited:
I wouldn't be, it's something with the newer FX cpus, mine does the same thing. All I can think is that for some reason the cpu misinforms software into thinking it's fsb is changing cause of slight voltage changes. I have my voltage a lil tighter so I don't see that large of a variance, roughly 50-60Mhz. I wouldn't let it get to you, noone will probably ever know the answer because AMD will keep tight lipped about this if there isn't a problem, and probably even tighter lipped if there is a problem, lol.

Edit: forgot picture :screwy:, we all love pictures. :clap:

funky clocks.JPG

Back