• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HWmonitor messing up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bardock

Hey there guys,
I just finished a buddy's pc and I among the usual drivers install and stuff I downloaded and installed the HWMonitor and CPU-Z. Now the thing is that HWMonitor shows TMPin 2 having Current,Min and Max 128C!!!!!!!!!!! The CPU is at 32-33C, motherboard around 38C and Socket being like 2-3C hotter than the current CPU temp.TMPin2 temp will never change no matter what so I guess it's a misread from the software?

Full Specs:
Coolermaster K380 Case (stock front fan)
Phenom ii x4 965
Asus M5A97 rev 2
Antec Kuhler 620(pull fan only, the one that the cooler came with)
Asus HD 7750

Thx in advance

It's not reading some mobo sensor right, it happens. HWMonitor can't get all the diff things from all the mobos. If there is no burning hot spot (finger touch) on the mobo don't worry about it.

It's not reading some mobo sensor right, it happens. HWMonitor can't get all the diff things from all the mobos. If there is no burning hot spot (finger touch) on the mobo don't worry about it.

There isn't actually, because I checked all the heatsinks on the MOSFETs around the CPU and they are just fine. It troubled me a bit bcoz the front fan of the case is not connected onto the mobo (is connected onto a 4pin power cable of the PSU)

Back