• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED HWMonitor reading 3.195v on 5v rail bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheCapedAvenger

Registered
the voltage on +5v almost always stays at 3.195v and it should be at 5v +- a couple % shouldnt it? is this bad or nothing to worry about? computer runs fine but it still concerns me a little bit. havent checked the voltages much, mainly use it for temps, so i dont know if its changed in the last few months or not.

Capture.JPG

Software voltage readings sometimes are inaccurate. I mean, I'm on my desktop right now and the 12v rail of the PSU reads at 8v, which I know isn't right simply because I'm using it and never had a problem. (And if they were, I'd be more worried about the 14v readings off the 12v rail, as that's not only out of spec, but out of spec in the direction you don't want it to be)

If you're that worried about it, you can use a multimeter to check it, which tends to be way more accurate. there's even a sticky here to tell you how to check.

Last edited:
ok ill do that. i have one already so dont know why i didnt think of that... was thinking software inaccuracies but thought id ask cuz everyone uses HWMonitor with more normal readings than mine.

ok ill do that. i have one already so dont know why i didnt think of that... was thinking software inaccuracies but thought id ask cuz everyone uses HWMonitor with more normal readings than mine.

Yup, I use it as well, the problem really isn't with HWMonitor. It's that most software reads from the same sensors, and sometimes you just get a wonky sensor, not that they're installing the most accurate things in the first place.

ahh. i vaguely remember it having better readings when i installed it though about a year ago.

Back