• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hynix original bt-d43

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

hey guys i found an oem overstock firm that has the original hynix 256 bt-d43. i offered to buy some for 20-25 a stick. after he stopped laughing, he wrote that the going price is 60 bux a stick. anyway they have a 100.00 minimum. if anyone is interested here's the link. http://www.icelect.com/DDR.html

So you need to get at least 100 sticks for the 60 dollar a stick deal to go through? $6000 for 100 sticks seems like a lot, but you could resell it for a lot more.

I had a gig of this stuff a while back in an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe. It stocks at CAS 2.5, and didn't do jack all above 210 for me, regardless of voltages or timings. However, I have since then read in several places of people getting DDR 500+ speeds out of BT-D43 with a low overvolt, and relaxed timings. Some people have gotten it up to DDR 533 on an intel platform.

Apparantly these are the same chips used by OCZ and Corsair in some of their RAM.

Good deal, I hope some enterprenurial reseller jumps on it all ;)

I think he meant $100 minimum

And the bt-d43 doesn't run well on amd rigs. I got mine to 292Mhz 1:1......so this stuff does fly

Steve

yeah, my understanding is they will only accept orders of $100.00 minimum.. my offer to buy 30 sticks at 20 a piece didnt go over real well, not sure if he was bargaining with me or was insulted by my low offer. the way i see it you can always offer more. but to tell the truth 120.00 for 512 of good bt d43 aint a bad deal especially if this stuff runs well

Ive been corresponding with the guy. He isnt very helpful. I ask him to name a price and he says this memory is crap and i should by some other brand. $60 per stick is way too much. $40 would be OK.

BT-D43 ?? I see...... no wonder my chip CT-D43 suckss at 480MHz DDR @ 3.2V. I'm gonna try 3.4V VDIMM

yeah its like he just wants to get ****ed off. first he tells me its so good he can get 60 bux a stick, (nevermind i could buy brand name retail for 40 bux). then he tells u its no good. not a good way to sell a product i think...

BT-d43 is doing good for me 2.8v and 263fsb @2.5-4-4-8

Kingston has them on some valueram pc3200 kits And for a lot less than 60 bucks a stick. ($64 this week at best buy AR and 79 at newegg, both prices are 2x256 kits)

d]g[ts said:
BT-d43 is doing good for me 2.8v and 263fsb @2.5-4-4-8

Kingston has them on some valueram pc3200 kits And for a lot less than 60 bucks a stick. ($64 this week at best buy AR and 79 at newegg, both prices are 2x256 kits)

if i could sure id get the bt-d43 chips id buy some.

Newegg has a great return policy and you dont gotta rip off heatspreaders or anything like that too see. And BB will let ya see the box and ya just look inside at the chips.

Cheap High FSB ram = good

feel guilty sending memory back to newegg. but checking out bb would be a good idea. however does kingston leave the original marking on their valueram? i thought they just plastered kingston all over the chips...

the original markings are on em. I was at a BB this week and looked at them. Alittle window on the box lets ya see the chips themselves and therefore whether or not they are the bt-d43's

I take back my bad words about CT-D43..... It's rocks !!!

Look:

270FSB_2.jpg

270FSB_3.jpg

270FSB.jpg

yeah, thats the latest revision of these famous chips...i was wondering how well they oc. now i know- they crank ddr-540!

i stopped buy best buy on the way home from work tonite.. the knuckleheads keep the ram behind their register so i had to ask to look, then i couldnt read the chips so i asked one of the kid salesmen to read it. drat!!!!!! not one of the packs had d43. had some weird off the wall chips. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! me want cheap d43.well, guess ill have to check out the other bb aways from me.

Back