• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyper 212+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

esCob4r

Would my temps get higher if I had the fan set up where it is pushing towards the top? I would assume so but do not know. Reason I think it would is because all the heat generated from the GPU would go through the fan/heat sink. Yes this may keep my gpu cooler but would it affect my cpu temps at all having hot air being pushed through the fan?

I run my CPU heatsink that way (fan pointing up instead of towards the back of the case)...

These are the temps I run with my setup (Thermalright Venomous X Black + San Ace fan). Please note that the chip I have is a "high VID" chip and it requires 1.425V to be able to do 3.8GHz... As a point of reference; I used to own a 955BE that was able to run at 4GHz with 1.35V.

test.jpg

I see. I am runnign mine at stock speed right now because folding on it my OC crashes everytime so far. I reach 36C now with the way it is set. I may try it just to try it. It will definitely help my gpu temps once I get my 2nd 560 tomorrow.

I see. I am runnign mine at stock speed right now because folding on it my OC crashes everytime so far. I reach 36C now with the way it is set. I may try it just to try it. It will definitely help my gpu temps once I get my 2nd 560 tomorrow.

And I forgot to mention that before I set up the heatsink+fan in the "upwards" direction; I used to run it front to back like most people. The reason I changed it was because I'm using a 38mm thick fan and it was interfering with the RAM slots... I did see a bit of an improvement over front-to-back in the temperatures department as well.

And I forgot to mention that before I set up the heatsink+fan in the "upwards" direction; I used to run it front to back like most people. The reason I changed it was because I'm using a 38mm thick fan and it was interfering with the RAM slots... I did see a bit of an improvement over front-to-back in the temperatures department as well.

What do you mean by it was interfering with your ram slots? It was making it harder or impossible for you to take out and put in ram? Or was it laying on the ram? Or doing something else?

What do you mean by it was interfering with your ram slots? It was making it harder or impossible for you to take out and put in ram? Or was it laying on the ram? Or doing something else?

The 38mm fan was completely covering the 1st two slots of RAM (the ones closer to the CPU) so every time I wanted to switch RAM I'd have to take the fan off the heatsink in order to get to the slots.

The 38mm fan was completely covering the 1st two slots of RAM (the ones closer to the CPU) so every time I wanted to switch RAM I'd have to take the fan off the heatsink in order to get to the slots.

Ahhh got you. I assume a 38mm fan is thicker then the stock fan thats comes with the hyper 212? I am using the stock fan. I will definitely experiment with this in the near future.

Last edited:
Back