• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am a folding Machine!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yup i set it up as a service through the control panel. if i have time i'll add it to the faq this weekend.

DManeKid said:
doesn hiding the clients boost prefomance?

Not really. It just keeps the client out of the way so it's not in your taskbar. It will also keep other users of your system from shutting the client off since they won't even know that it's running.

lol YEAH! my damn sister shut it down saying that was slowing down the computer! do you beleive her? how whould she know that THAT was slowing it down (which it was, i need more ram) but how would i do this with win me?i just downloaded the 2.17 beta

i dont see my problem either but that seems to be the only solution right now...(im using windows ME, a resource hog and i am only using 128mb so i need it anyway)

well you should be able to get another 128 for pretty cheap and its a good upgrade regardless.

I use RBTray to minimize the client to the system tray. Its great. Not completely hidden, but it is out of the way and you can quickly resore it to view progress, etc. Just right-click most any program and voila!

DManeKid said:
lol YEAH! my damn sister shut it down saying that was slowing down the computer! do you beleive her? how whould she know that THAT was slowing it down (which it was, i need more ram) but how would i do this with win me?i just downloaded the 2.17 beta
You can also eliminate Restore's drag on the system by not giving it any hard drive space to work.

DManeKid said:

If you want to hide the client in winME and be sneaky about it there are instructions on the tricks page of the team site for installing the client as a service in win98/ME. It's a simple registry hack and it works. You can also increase the idle sensitivity to make the program give up cycles more easily. This can be done by copying the conagent.exe to the folding directory. Then right click, go to properties and find the idle sensitivity and move it all the way up.

There is also the possibility/probability that there is a memory leak in the client but it usually takes a while for it to show up on my systems. A few days anyway. If she is rebooting every so often then it shouldn't even be noticeable. If not then it probably could slow the system down if memory is being hogged by the client.

Back