• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am going to order 5 water pumps.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
testing a L30 and a 1250 has some point, as they have different sound levels. The L30 makes more noise.

If I'm well informed, the MCP600 makes the same sound level as the L20, who is almost silent.

fhorst said:
testing a L30 and a 1250 has some point, as they have different sound levels. The L30 makes more noise.

If I'm well informed, the MCP600 makes the same sound level as the L20, who is almost silent.

I don't know. And I doubt anyone does unless they've tested them all. That's the dilima.

Me wants super quiet like inaudible. Most guys systems I've seen posting, when they provide system picts, like the guy who owns the iwaki, have tones of fans so it does'nt matter really what kind of pump they use since the fans will be louder and drown it out.

I plan to use only one 120mm fan maybe two counting PS fan over a massive 12x6x2.5" copper radiator to insure silence (hopefully it will stay cool as i'd like) anywho, just looking for silence along with decent flow on high head:) Although I have a sneeky suspicion flow is proportional to noise no matter what pump one gets.

There seems to be very good news on the horizon though for pumps..:D http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99994086

BTW- Define almost silent:D I see that term used a lot and can't quantify it.:p

Last edited:
BeerHunter said:

Me wants super quiet like inaudible.

BTW- Define almost silent:D I see that term used a lot and can't quantify it.:p

I go for that setup also. That's why I have 2 L20 instead of one L30 or a 1250.

I've placed my pumps in a external radbox, with some foam.
I'm kind of alergic for to much noise.

If I turn of my fan's (spinning at 7v, 40 cm from my ear) it get's more silent in my room. not much, just a bit.
If I also turn of the fan on my IC7-Max3 OTES, that helps!
(working on water cooling the OTES)
If I also tun of the fan on my Nexus 350W 20db power supply, I dont hear any difference... or... do I hear some thing?
I place my ear 5 cm from my rad box and I can hear a slight hum of the pump it's gone at 15 cm..

here is a link to my crappy website with some pics:
http://members.chello.nl/l.vanderhorst1/photo.htm

Yeah, I did.... (and loads of postings and readings)

For my current project I'm gonne use:

2 x mcp600.. for the copper loop (WW, D-Tec z-chipset, Innovatec for the GPU, Dagnerden bayres)

one koolance EXOS (currenly external, but I'm not sure if I leave it that way) for the rest...
3x HDD, South bridge, Mosfets, PSU, Memory, and backside of mainboard

one D-Tec double heatercore, one D-tec heatercore, One BIX.
And for the alu the rad from the koolance, and one from a Piaggo mopet.

I also have one rad laying arround from a Astec waterchill, but I'm not sure if I can fit that one in.. (got the big chieftec case)

I only wish this stuff was cheaper :D

Back