• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I cannot figure this out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EtriusQuill

Well i tried reading through things but i can't figure it out, i can't find out my motherboard and wondering if i can get some help and some step-by-step instructions because i've spent three hours reading stuff and have yet to find anything that can help me do it. First my system specs and whatever else that may be useful.
I have an older Dell Dimension 8200 series
I have a Pentium 4 processor at 2.0ghz, i think my FSB is 400mhz, according to Sandra it is that
I have 512mb RDRAM PC-800 not sure what else to say about that
a 256mb Radeon 9600XT w/vivo

I keep reading on how you change it through BIOS but i can't seem to do that on start-up at all, i think my motherboard is the Intel 850 chipset but seeing as Sandra is only telling me my motherboard is Dimension 8200 which i can't really figure out how that helps me at all. I would appreciate any feedback i can get.
Oh and the current temperature in my computer in the middle of the afternoon is 23 degrees celsius without any overclocking at all. I am a newbie i know, i tried reading the sticky but i just don't know how to do it at all.
Thank you for at least reading this however, even more so if you replied, and even more so if you can help. :) * oh and this is how i am feeling right now :bang head *
*trying to overclock her*

Last edited:
Oh crud, i really wanted to overclock my Dell too seeing as it runs pretty cool as is, that makes me sad. How do i get a hold of this so called Turd person?

Not totally true. Dell make good computers, and they are cheap, making them ideal for joe public.

Thing is, the minute you want to start messing around with them, like we do, they are total pigs to work with (the idea being that they protect joe public from finding a funny control labelled FSB and cranking it to the full, then wondering why his PC no longer starts)

But no, most enthusiasts don't like dell for their own personal computers.

Hi, mine name is Joe and i've learned a lot of stuff so far...you should have seen my face when i learned about RAM and how i cannot get a gig of ram without paying 500 canadian *I have RDRAM* oh wait, i already wrote that down...well boo on me.
I looooved my Dell when i got it but since i got this Radeon 9600XT i can't play some games as well, like HL2 on my old Geforce4 Ti4200 w/64mb and vivo ran at half settings and 1024x768 no problems at all, no clunkiness at all but with my Radeon it is clunky even on the absolute lowest settings...i keep thinking it may be bottlenecking because of my processor but am not sure. I'd put the Geforce back in but i lent it to my friend who is supposed to be a wiz at this stuff fried the gpu. I didn't say anything but i was kind of ****ed.

basically since i've looked at upgrading, it seems to be that it would be as cost efficent to just buy a new damned computer. *I intend to get a new computer this year anyways and i was going to get it from Dell but now i am not so sure...*

Back