• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i cant control speed of AF fans!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aem

hello, i bought Zalman mfc3 i plugged my case fans (vengeance c70) i can see the rpms and also control the fan speeds but when i plugged my af140s or af120s neither i can see the speed nor control the speeds they just spin at full speed for 1-2 secs then stops after full speed then stops it goes like this .i tried another 5$ worth fan it works flawless.Whats wrong with these af fans(they are 3pin)?here is the video

The pinouts on the fans. Are they able to be connected so the pins are reversed? Maybe the fan is spinning backwards and they shut down, try again to spin up etc.

Maybe the pinouts on the fans are wrong etc. If you connect the fans direct to a PSU connector do they work fine? Try diff plugs on the fan thingy you got? I'm at a loss, just thinking outside the box.

Now I can type more, I was on my phone for the earlier replies/

The pinouts on the fans. Are they able to be connected so the pins are reversed? Maybe the fan is spinning backwards and they shut down, try again to spin up etc.

Maybe the pinouts on the fans are wrong etc. If you connect the fans direct to a PSU connector do they work fine? Try diff plugs on the fan thingy you got? I'm at a loss, just thinking outside the box.

Now I can type more, I was on my phone for the earlier replies/

when i connect these af fans to mobo even to the 4 pin slot ican read the rpms from mobo or also to my old vantec 4 channel controller they work just fine i am really stuck :S

Your controller doesn't like those fans. All I can think of. The PWM signal from the fans confuses the controller I guess. You try diff headers on the fan controllers?

Dunno, can't do much more unless the stuff is in front of me.

Your controller doesn't like those fans. All I can think of. The PWM signal from the fans confuses the controller I guess. You try diff headers on the fan controllers?

Dunno, can't do much more unless the stuff is in front of me.
btw the fans are 3pin. i dont know what to do tried all rpm settings from 60-6000 nothing changed it still says 0000 on the display

No, anything, just start to be creative. Try diff stuff. Any 3 pin fan controller. Isolate the problem. Standard electronics t-shooting, try diff parts. Check voltages with a voltmeter etc.

Ohh, what's the max wattage per channel and the fan controller overall max wattage? You try it with JUST the AF fans?

No, anything, just start to be creative. Try diff stuff. Any 3 pin fan controller. Isolate the problem. Standard electronics t-shooting, try diff parts. Check voltages with a voltmeter etc.

Ohh, what's the max wattage per channel and the fan controller overall max wattage? You try it with JUST the AF fans?

did you even watch my video in my first post or did you check the fan controllers link that i wrote?your answers there....

Yep, watched video, didn't see anything in particular, sorry. The Fanmate you mention, yes I looked at it, yes I looked at the specs and looked up the fans, which I already know about.

I'm at a loss, sorry.

Back