• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I cant seeee

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepper

Registered
Ok I tried to put a 17 in mont on my pc, I have a ATI rage 128 16mb card in there and it works fine, untill I try to put my DELTA FORCE 1 game in. When I start the game the screen goes blanke! and then a small window opens up and it reads " cannot scan information"....HHHmmmm being the noob that I am I go to the ATI web site and download a driver 4 the card...bad move...Now when I turn on the pc it boots up fine then right before windows starts IT GOES BLANKE!...Ive tried a SAFE BOOT In f8 turned my res dawn...but still no luck!!!!what should I do

do u still have the old driver for you ATI?
if do, then that is good new.

just restart to safemode again and right click on C: then choose properties.
go to device manager.
click on the (+) plus for Diplay adapter and right click on the item below it then choose remove.
Now restart the computer and it will said new hardware found.

here just reinstall the driver.

Oh. And about your game.

try to go in to the game setting then set the video options to OpenGL to see if it help.

Good luck

Fold on Brother :beer:

problem....when I hit f8 this window opens up and says this..
1. normal
2.logged bootlog txt
3.safe mode
4.step-by-step confermation
5.command promt
6.safe mode command promt
Now when choose the safe mode, it takes me to my screen res with no other options

Pepper said:
1. normal
2.logged bootlog txt
3.safe mode
5.command promt
Now when choose the safe mode, it takes me to my screen res with no other options

Safe mode will do that. It loads a minimal amount of drivers, including a default VGA video adapter. So you can't change your res in safe mode. But what you need to do while in safe mode is go into your device manager, and remove the ATI display adapter, then reinstall with the older drivers, to overwrite them. Then reboot into normal mode, and change your res there.

Pepper said:
hhmmm ok, ther is no "My coputer" when i open up safe mode it takes me to my res window and that it ! no buttons no my coputers..... NOTHIN.. do i need to choose a diffrent option besides SAFE MODE?

Safe Mode should bring up your desktop in 640x480. What does it bring up? (Screenshot/Photo would be helpful :D)

Pepper said:
1. normal
2.logged bootlog txt
3.safe mode
5.command promt
I cant get a pic of the screen its on my home pc, wich i have up here at work. When the window opens up it has already chosen the lowest setting then i hit the aply button then it reboots and does the same thing...ololol i wish i could get into my "my computer":D

Boot into safe mode, say Cancel to everything until you get to the desktop.
DOes the screen go blank in safe mode as well?

Back