• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I forgot my windows 7 login password. Please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ieasillly

I have Windows 7 installed on my Dell Laptop and I forgot my administrator password. Unfortunately, I didn't create a password backup disk. I can't run my installation CD/DVD without the password. Can anyone help me?

I have Windows 7 installed on my Dell Laptop and I forgot dell laptop password. Unfortunately, I didn't create a password backup disk. I can't run my installation CD/DVD without the password. Can anyone help me?

Don't try so hard, if you forgot Dell laptop password and without any password disk , theoretically , you can not get into your laptop again ,
But you can bypass the login password, and the NT password can remove the old password from Windows 7 , you can have a try ,

Last edited:
I just came here from an thread on how to create a bootable disk , you can create one to boot your Dell laptop , thne the login password can be removed by it .

This will work but only with a local account. I've had customers that were using a Microsoft account to login, changed their password but didn't write it down and promptly forgot it. And of course they never bothered to enter any recovery information when first creating the account or didn't update the recovery phone number when it changed or didn't have a second email account to give for recovery purposes or whatever. I never advise people to login with a microsoft account but to always use a local machine account.

There are bootable live iso's to remove admin login. Like Windows Password Reset and Active Password Changer. Imo that is the easiest method. Basically if you do not have backup software with a recovery flash drive as well as a password manager you have already messed up. I use Veeam Agent Free and Roni Shapiro's Password Safe. I leave my bootable flash plugged in at all times for convenience sake.
I let my desktop login automatically so I am not constantly typing in order to boot and only my tablet uses a fingerprint/password. I hibernate both so my password mgr is already loaded once I reboot. Never did like typing.

A lot of the free bootable ISO tools don't work in Windows 10.

Why am I not surprised? A lot of stuff doesn't work in Windows 10. It's almost like M$ is trying to freeze out all software that doesn't come from them.
Oh, my bad, that's exactly what they're doing.

MS encrypted things such that only they would have control. Asinine considering the amount of work they put into the telemetry nonsense.

Back