• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Hacked My Abit Bios (A Must Download!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OC-Master said:
SickBoy, it wouldnt hurt to unleash just a little fury from that chip would it? ;) :)

OC-Master

Probably not, but this box is my file server and doesn't have a monitor hooked to it or anything. I'd rather have this thing stay up for weeks on end rather than have an extra few MHz.

Its safe to say that RAID works AWESOME hence this bios has the second newest RAID bios to date.

I'm also pleased to report that people are getting complete success with 2200+ and 2400+ T-breds on the KT7A. Only one more thing left to wait for now! BARTON!

OC-Master

tulloch2001 said:
Thanks for the info OC-Master. I will get a xp chip now how far can I push a T-breds 1700+ as it is then.

Regards Tulloch

Just make sure you got a V1.1 of the KT7A or you may be stuck at 133MHz FSB 11x133 for the 1700+.

The v1.1 and newer didnt have that issue and people were getting up to 150MHz FSB (144MHz with AGP4X on).

OC-Master

Abit KT7A v 1.2 and 2200+

just wanted to hear if a T-Bred 2200+(or higher?) would work on my KT7A-Raid v 1.2
ive heard different answers, some say it wont work, only 2000+ is max, can anyone tell me? im buying a new processor soon so i need to know :p

tulloch2001 said:
OC-Master I only got the 1.0 is it still worth getting a xp chip them m8.

Regards Tulloch:eek:

Well, give it a shot, you gotta a fifty fifty chance of getting that bug. Even if you cant past 133MHz FSB, you can hardwire the multiplier on the T-bred to be 20x

So 20 X 133MHz = 2.66GHz which still is impossible to almost achive under any standards :)

Maybe 17X would set the budget :)

Re: Abit KT7A v 1.2 and 2200+

Xipetotec said:
just wanted to hear if a T-Bred 2200+(or higher?) would work on my KT7A-Raid v 1.2
ive heard different answers, some say it wont work, only 2000+ is max, can anyone tell me? im buying a new processor soon so i need to know :p

If your buying a T-bred B, go for the AthlonXP 2100+ with the AIUHB stepping. Then simply hardwire the desired multiplier and you'll be fine.

Like the Palomino, you may incounter the bug where you have to hit the reset switch once on initial boot (no problem)

OC-Master

ok :D

so the 2100+ will work? i heard that 2000+ was max if it was a t-bred.. is 64 the best bios ? and do i need to "mod" anything?

and how do i make sure that i get one with AIUHB?

Re: ok :D

Xipetotec said:
so the 2100+ will work? i heard that 2000+ was max if it was a t-bred.. is 64 the best bios ? and do i need to "mod" anything?

and how do i make sure that i get one with AIUHB?

As for the Bios, the one we're talking of here is OC-Master's modded A9 bios. Download that (link on first page of thread) and flash that. Of course you can keep with the Bios you have now and it may work, you never know. The modded Bios gives you some more options though. Mods aren't required...

oh ok

aah ok :p
didnt notice that, just skimmed the posts..
so with that bios what is the fastest T-bred i will be able to use?
and how do i make sure its a T-bred B with AIUHB Stepping? im pretty new at this..
and is a Silent viking II a good choise for the processor??

how good is a AIUCB stepping? its the only T-bred B i can find in my country :/

and how good performance will i get with a 2100+? i have a 1,3 t-bird..

Last edited:
Re: oh ok

Xipetotec said:
aah ok :p
didnt notice that, just skimmed the posts..
so with that bios what is the fastest T-bred i will be able to use?
and how do i make sure its a T-bred B with AIUHB Stepping? im pretty new at this..
and is a Silent viking II a good choise for the processor??

how good is a AIUCB stepping? its the only T-bred B i can find in my country :/

and how good performance will i get with a 2100+? i have a 1,3 t-bird..

The AIUCB stepping should be fine although people are having greater overclocking results along with better stability with the AIUHB stepping. AIUCB should be good enough to do the job :)

Also, the 2400+ works fine on the KT7A (as well as the palominos did).

For cooling, I'm not fimilur with the Silent Viking 2 but I know the SLK800 and Volcano7+ ROCK with these processors!!

OC-Master

ok

ok, sounds nice.. will be getting my new 2100+ tomorrow..
just updated my bios with your version, no problems at all..
i think i will buy a Alpha PAL 8045T cooler sink and a papst cooler..
shall i write my results?

what settings do i need to use for the t-bred in the bios? multiplier...

i have a freind that has a Thermaltake Volcano 7, will that cooler be able to cool my 2100+ its just to test the cpu becouse i dont have enough money for a new cooler right now :/

Last edited:
Re: ok

Xipetotec said:
ok, sounds nice.. will be getting my new 2100+ tomorrow..
just updated my bios with your version, no problems at all..
i think i will buy a Alpha PAL 8045T cooler sink and a papst cooler..
shall i write my results?

what settings do i need to use for the t-bred in the bios? multiplier...

i have a freind that has a Thermaltake Volcano 7, will that cooler be able to cool my 2100+ its just to test the cpu becouse i dont have enough money for a new cooler right now :/

The Volcano 7 should work just fine to cool the XP2100+. But you must note there is a HUGE difference between the Volcano7 and Volcano7+, hence the 7+ is solid copper where as the regular aint.

OC-Master

ok, its also only to test the cpu at normal speed.. until i get a better fan/sink for it..

HELP!
i got the cpu and have got it running at 1700 mhz 100 fsb its running stable at around 32 degrees Celcius.., :D

what settings do i need to make it run at ~1700 mhz 133 fsb?
cuz if i set it wrong in the bios i have to switch to the old cpu, change settings in bios, and then switch cpu again, which is very annoying.. :mad:

btw. it only says Unknown CPU type at boot and in windows, can i change that? and does it change enything?

Last edited:
HELP!?

well now i got it running at 2110 mhz and a FSB of 124, how can i get it up to 133 fsb? with the current bios settings the 124 is max or i cant boot into windows.. what multiplier/fsb settings do i need to use? is there something else that might be wrong?

Cheesy Peas

The limitation of the dividers is the chipset and not the bios on the KD7 board. Do I have a modded bios for the KD7 yes I do but the divider does not have any other options.

Back