• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have 34 fans - how may do you have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Get a huge box of zipties. Measure the side of your case, and zip enough of them together in a rectangle to cover most of it. Then toss your side panel in the closet and zip tie the wall-o-fans into the slots where the side panel attached.

;)

Glad you lot had a laugh!

The wall of fans just makes me cringe.

I have tried stacking them together but they just get noisy.

My idea?
Well, Ive noticed that when i vacum out my case and i get all the dust out of my heatsinks the vacum pipe makes the fans spin real fast.

My thought? Connect an LED to it, if it generates enough electricity to make it glow I could pit them all on the roof and measure wind speed! (I live close by to a curry house)

Or perhaps have a little wind farm to power a small usb device. like a portable laptop lamp.

No, I could send them all to a forgeten rock star / celebrity (take your pick), "Your loyal fans!"

I could make a large puzzle, "The rubix Fan", you need to align them all up so that when they spin marbles drop or somthing.

I could compose some modern art and win a prize thus earning me enough money to go watercooled.

I could name them all and build them a home, start a collection and hope they are worth money in years to come...

***Antiques store 2332 AD ***
Bloke: I would like to buy your most expensive Fan,

Shopkeeper. Yes, come this way! I have a rare Delta 13.8 with brushless bearings and made from a fine Organic Based resin, The Rotar centre is a petrochemical based alloy which produced in limited quantities by the Iraq's due to invasion.
Rumour has it that this fan was owned by the CEO of google at the time, And I do still have the same computer case in the rear of the building, locked away due to its rarity.
You can still see his cat left a hair under the orginal primitive, hologramed markings, just under the aluminium foil sticker in the centre.

Shopkeeper grunts, points and stares.

Bloke looks startled.

Bloke: .... Pause.... Your a nutter!

Ging

Last edited:
Back