• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have Retail version ATI 8500!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
funnyperson1 said:
ATI just redid their naming system the 7200 is the same as a 64ddr VIVO and the 7000 is the VE....

nope.

the 7000 has 32mb of DDR, and it does use the same mobile core that the VE did(no t&l, one less rendering pipeline)....but it doesnt have any dual display features and i believe no tv out.

the 7200 has 64mbs of SDR, it has a full radeon core with charisma engine......but it doesnt have any VIVO features.

Well lookie this, an 8500 LE

With a little tweaking this baby will probably be right up there in the 8500 range.

Now for the price...well I dont know yet. But it'll be cheap, just watch. :D

I think I'm gonna upgrade baby!

Zuck Gou :) said:
Well lookie this, an 8500 LE

With a little tweaking this baby will probably be right up there in the 8500 range.

Now for the price...well I dont know yet. But it'll be cheap, just watch. :D

I think I'm gonna upgrade baby!

LE is just a fancy name for the OEM 8500 cards the everyones been c0omplaining about....

Quizno said:

nope.

the 7000 has 32mb of DDR, and it does use the same mobile core that the VE did(no t&l, one less rendering pipeline)....but it doesnt have any dual display features and i believe no tv out.

the 7200 has 64mbs of SDR, it has a full radeon core with charisma engine......but it doesnt have any VIVO features.

Ok then, I have a 64DDR Vivo, what drivers should I have, because the ones I get from ATI identify my card as a 7200.

Same thing here

The new ATI drivers identify the Radeon 64 DDR vivo as a 7200 Radeon in Powerstrip. dunno why it does that but I noticed it to.

I gotta get sanding my Blue Orb....

cisco kid

Kingslayer or anyone else who knows , btw when attaching ramsinks using superglue in the corners, do you put thermal paste between the ram and ramsinks as well.???:)

Ritteri&Bubbles said:
Argument?? No arguments here, I'm just correcting all of you brainwashed kiddies who think that a canuck product is even remotely as good as a superior American made product built "ford tough"!

OMG...LMFAO !!!

We all know what Ford stands for ... right ?!?!?

"F%#@ed Over Rebuilt Dodge"

I personally like Chevy :D

Re: Same thing here

Cisco Kid said:

Kingslayer or anyone else who knows , btw when attaching ramsinks using superglue in the corners, do you put thermal paste between the ram and ramsinks as well.???:)

Yep. Put paste in between the ram and the ram sinks.

Oh and the "Ford Tough" thing...most Fords are made in Canada.

Ritteri&Bubbles said:
Well its no worse than the secret behind ATI's number rating system for the Radeon cards. 8500,7500,7200........crashes per day..............:eek:

No. I have actually contacted ATI on their naming convention. It is done as a spoof on the number of useless drivers that nVidia puts out per week.

Kingslayer said:

No. I have actually contacted ATI on their naming convention. It is done as a spoof on the number of useless drivers that nVidia puts out per week.

nice....lol...weve gone from product disses to wife disses to penis disses to company disses, all we need now is a classic mom joke....

Yo momma so stupid, she bought a Geforce....
Yo momma so fat she lost a race to ATI....
:D

yeah, my 64mb ddr vivo is identified as a radeon/radeon 7200 as well. i think its just because they all use the same drivers.

that info i posted is from ati's site, check the specs on both of them.......

Ritteri&Bubbles said:
Kingslayer: Noticed your wife has great taste just like me! Give her my email addy when she realized how inferior you and your "tastes" are! Never unzip your "floppy file" lest u have something worth showing!:D :p

Well at least his floppy will format into a hard drive....where yours.....yours just stays floppy.

from, Kingslayer's wife

Last edited:
KingSlayer: LOL!!! Its all in good fun to me!:D

Tell your wife: It may "format" into a HD, but when that harddrive is "fully formatted" and equates to less than "3 gigs in size" it doesnt allow you to have that much fun really.

I may only have a "floppy drive" but its over "12 gigs" in size! You can do a whole lot more with a 12 gig floppy, than a 3 gig harddrive!:D

Back