• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I hope I am right or my buddy will laugh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Look's like your buddy's laughing.

And looks like I'm another one of your buddy's who's laughing.

I didn't even know you made this thread.

Brad - 1 | Mike - 0

Oh, and Brad, shell out the extra $$ for the Powerstream or we'll just have to make fun of you when you look at your voltages. I'm kidding...but seriously, it's worth it.

:p

thorilan said:
your buddy isnt the only one laughing at you

your assumtions are completely wrong .

a single 80mm rad would be enough if he wants quiet and a system on par with air cooling. those that talk about heat dump most often have no clue what it means or assume it means MUCH more than it actualy is. even with the strongest pumps we use today for water cooling heat dump from them is usually less than 1/6 of just the processor alone .

im not even going to go into efficiency curves vs dt of smaller rads.

its pretty simple do the math, get some experiance then do some more research .. then give advice

Isnt this thread asking for advice? Anyway, I thought that it would be a ***** to OC b/c if you get your processor hotter, it could start artifacting on the GPU. Thanks for the nice comment! I hope you burn out your CPU tomorrow and have to drop a buncha money on a new one. :)

yay mike, you're officially a fvcking internet forum troll.

someone ban him. please. Actually no, I'll settle it with a contest of DDR tomorrow!!!

thorilan said:
your buddy isnt the only one laughing at you

your assumtions are completely wrong .

a single 80mm rad would be enough if he wants quiet and a system on par with air cooling. those that talk about heat dump most often have no clue what it means or assume it means MUCH more than it actualy is. even with the strongest pumps we use today for water cooling heat dump from them is usually less than 1/6 of just the processor alone .

im not even going to go into efficiency curves vs dt of smaller rads.

its pretty simple do the math, get some experiance then do some more research .. then give advice
Wwing49 said:
Isnt this thread asking for advice? Anyway, I thought that it would be a ***** to OC b/c if you get your processor hotter, it could start artifacting on the GPU. Thanks for the nice comment! I hope you burn out your CPU tomorrow and have to drop a buncha money on a new one.

I think the point that the hardcore WC'ers try to make is that you don't need a lot of rad to get "acceptable" temps. The determining factor is how hard the person wants to push there system and if they want the lowest possible temps. I do think he was a little harsh on you, but that seems to be a continuing trend around here. Don't take it personal this is just a forum and these are just computers.

Last edited:
I know this kid, he's in my gym class at school, I'm just messing with him ;-)

But i think he's just a lil' angry from being proven quite false.

Guess I should have quoted what I was referring to...your post wasn't there when I first started typing. I was talking about your friends post above yours. Sorry for the confusion.

fuzzba11 said:
My BIX2 handles my CPU, GPU, and RAM, you shouldn't have a problem with a single pump.

do you have any rig pics? ive been trying to find what the koolance ram block looks like in a loop. does it let you go any higher on the ram?

fuzzba11 said:
The RAM blocks look friggin awesome, and they don't kill my waterflow either. I didn't do a before/after overclocking test. :p

uv1.jpg
flash2.jpg

I do wonder if there is any actual performance increase, but they look pimp as all hell! I would get them for just the looks!

Wwing49 said:
I do wonder if there is any actual performance increase, but they look pimp as all hell! I would get them for just the looks!

Dont waste your money, your gonna get burned out on this whole thing soon enough I bet. IMHO, whole things a money pit.

And who said a pa160 beats 4x120??

Well since this is me and my friend's thread, I'll make this random post here (I know how much experienced forum users hate it when people start new threads when they coulda posted in a nother one)

I just cleaned out my stock S754 A64 cooler. Full of dust. Grossest thing I've ever seen. I was encoding video when it overheated and locked up at 60 degrees, now it's encoding at 42.....

Fricken air cooling. I want to seal my case shut except for 1 fan and put a filter over it, then watercool the rest. No more dust :) For the new rig something will have to be done to keep the dust down...

ls7corvete said:
Dont waste your money, your gonna get burned out on this whole thing soon enough I bet. IMHO, whole things a money pit.

And who said a pa160 beats 4x120??

there was a review done on it by hardware squad or somewhere. i dont remember exactly where but the pa160 had lower load temps on the proc then a cora 4x120mm rad, i was blown away.

zeimbo said:
there was a review done on it by hardware squad or somewhere. i dont remember exactly where but the pa160 had lower load temps on the proc then a cora 4x120mm rad, i was blown away.

just googled, its at r&b. The cora 6 is four TIMES the size, not a 4x120. Its extruded aluminium, probably designed for a passive format. Not compariable.

Umm, I have a DFI nF4 board with a X1800Xl (same length) and basically, i dont think any NB block other than those custom made for the DFI will fit.

Back