• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just wanted a new pump... complete rebuild ensued

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corpsejockey

N00b squad Member
I just wanted to replace my loud pump. I ended up splurging on some EK pump, cpu block, and res.. First EK purchase and got to say I'm super impressed with the quality.

Here's where i started...
20170423_092051.jpg

Tried out verticle gpu mount, but wasn't a huge fan.
5812.jpeg

Tore down and ready for the new parts.
0107181132.jpg

Quick and dirty plexi res mounts.
0107181737.jpg

Mounted hardware.
0107181805.jpg

Complete loop.
0107181851.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Added a drain valve.
0107182036.jpg

Oh god ... rgbz's. I hate them, but secretly love them.
0108181949.jpg

I am waiting for restock of Primochill Vue... silver or white. Haven't made up my mind yet. I'm not thrilled about the top cpu to rad bend, it was a leftover from a previous build. Need to redo that one and bottom pump to gpu. I could pick up 2 more 90's for pump out to gpu and that would line up the pump outlet with the gpu inlet. I'm also considering mounting the pump to the rad and connecting it directly to the res instead. Just not sure if i want to keep simple straight forward bends or go nutso to fill out the case. Thoughts? Advice?

Oh boy.... Glad I did some research. It appears primochill vue has all the makings of a repeat mayhems aurora. I will not be using it. May just stick with distilled and drop my kill coil back in. I have some male to male rotories showing up today so I should be able to drop a couple fittings and small runs out of the loop. I think ill play around with the layout and tubing tonight to see if I can come up with something more aesthetically pleasing and fill the case out a little better.

ghetto pump mount
0111182001.jpg

I think I like this a bit better
0111182106.jpg

0112181402.jpg

just for taco
0112181630.jpg

Fixing the gpu sag and removing the psu sickers are on the short list.

Back