• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Corsair Hydro X. Just picked up a new loop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bignazpwns

So I just picked up a Hydro X loop and I must say I like it. CPU block has a few non functional LED's so I get to take that back this weekend and exchange it. But the block cools a Ryzen 9 really good.

Like the new what I guess is transparent nylon. From what I hear it won't turn color. Sucks that the rgb needs the commander pro. But it's proper RGB not like ek's

Big fan of the mounting . I really like how easy it is to swap out the mounts and rotate the mounting.

Pump this is my first D5 and it's pretty loud. I gotta adjust the pwm on it. For the radiator I got the big thick 240. This is a CPU loop only and wow that Ryzen heats it up. All I can fit in there for the cpu is a 240. So I went with the thick one. Over all not bad stuff and it's not priced bad at all.

I might pick up a commander pro. But I really wanted to try out this new plastic. Definitely feels like cracking won't be an issue. The stuff is definitely worth a look.

Just weird going from a ddc to a d5. I just gotta get that pump dialed in because it's driving me nuts. Different sound then my ddc

I always heard the DDC pumps were thunderingly loud with an annoying pitch compared to a D5. Turn the D5 down in speed, It doesn't need to run at full bore unless you have a very restrictive block and loop. I run the XSPC X4 Photon 170 pump/reservoir which is basically a D5 at setting 4. I can only hear it when I am filling the system. The fans in the case drown it out whenever the machine is running.

I always heard the DDC pumps were thunderingly loud with an annoying pitch compared to a D5. Turn the D5 down in speed, It doesn't need to run at full bore unless you have a very restrictive block and loop. I run the XSPC X4 Photon 170 pump/reservoir which is basically a D5 at setting 4. I can only hear it when I am filling the system. The fans in the case drown it out whenever the machine is running.

DDC did not really bother me. I must of had micro bubbles in the loop because now at 100% i cant heat my d5. I got her humming around at about 65-70% then after my coolent temp hits 40c it goes to 100% I dont have a flow indicator and the xc7 has about 60 fins so not the highest flow block out there. I might turn her down a little but i cant hear it even at 100% so im tempted to just crank her up all the way and let her fly. Not like i dont trust the pump the d5 is proven and i dont have to worry about heat like with my ddc.

But after a few hours at 100% its as quiet as can be. I like the corsair res/pump combo. And the d5 can move some water. Wish i got one of these sooner.

Back