• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED I like big heat sinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

capitalfear

Registered
I want something MUCH bigger than the stock heat sink I am currently running with, 1 60mm fan, 2 80mm, and 1 120mm fan, I am also kinda short on cash and the Sunbeam CR-CCTF looks pretty promising. Is there anything I need to know about before I get it? Mainly, will it pull down on my motherboard, will it fit in my full size case...yadda yadda...Am I missing anything obvious?

Last edited:
A bigger heatsink won't really pull down on your motherboard and most of them you will have to take the motherboard out of your case to mount. Granted you have the room in your case, I would go with one of the Cooler Master 212 heatsinks. They perform very well and for the price, can't be beat

I use the Zalman cnps9500 LED, That seems to do the job. If you want a bigger one than that, get the 9700 edition. Comes with a 120mm fan.

...and I cannot lie. You other brothers can't deny...

+1 for the 212. For the $20 price you can regularly get it at, it can hardly be beat.

And that's from a guy currently running exactly zero aftermarket air coolers :p

That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist, And a round thing in your face, You get sprung, wanna pull out your tough, cuase you notice that butt was stuffed.....

Yup, the Hyper 212+ or 212 EVO is a good way to go

awww man. owell, it looks like that's very doable, 20 bucks woulda been nice, but I can certainly do 30. either way, that's what I was looking for, thanks all

Another great price performance choice is the Thermalright True Spirit (120). As the link shows, it sells for around the same price as the 212+ above, but the shipping adds around $10 to the cost too. But it's performance is also better than the 212+, so you do get a better cooler for the extra $10 you spend for it.

Back