• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I modified my AGP 7800 to fit in a pci slot...need some help..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well i can prove this is 100%. because he said he had an agp 7800 and yet it has the sli connection thing on the card. only pci-e are sli capable

Super Nade said:
Guilty as charged :)

Apologies to SolidXSnake for the delay in sending out his Pentium Pro (w MMX). I'll do it Monday mate :)

WOOO MMX!!

Yeah, but still, wtf is up with that 7800

That's old news. They have since changed that thought becasue of the massive stockpiles of GPU's. They will be making an AGP version. I actually don;t understand it, but that;s what they're going to do.

What is there not to understand WHY wouldnt they make an AGP version?

AGP boards are still more popular then PCIe boards - so that = more money for NVIDIA - also i doubt a 7800GTX would even fill the bandwidth of an 8x AGP slot.

it makes COMPLETE sense to make these cards AGP - especially since ATi isnt'n coming out with anything new why not rule the AGP and PCIe market.

Mr.Guvernment said:
What is there not to understand WHY wouldnt they make an AGP version?

AGP boards are still more popular then PCIe boards - so that = more money for NVIDIA - also i doubt a 7800GTX would even fill the bandwidth of an 8x AGP slot.

it makes COMPLETE sense to make these cards AGP - especially since ATi isnt'n coming out with anything new why not rule the AGP and PCIe market.

One thing could be Voltage problems. However, could this be solved with an extra Molex maybe?

Back