• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a clock program? Does one exist?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

detour100

I need something that automaticly sets a computers clock to a certain date/time when windows loads.

EXAMPLE.'

Program is inserted into the startup menu

everytime the machine boots the windows clock is set to 8/4/2013 12pm

Even if its september the computer has to start at that date and time.

Fully automated -

Anything like this exist?

it already does and is preloaded.

windows would look at two locations that is, the bios chips clock or (if connected to the internet) problably the internet.

just set the time and date in the bios so that when windows looks at the bios chips clock, it will set its clock to that clock.

OR if windows still isnt setting the time even though the time and date in bios are right, go to

Start> control panel> date and time

click the internet time tab, change settings button, and click update now. wait, and your new time will be set.

This is no good-

These computers have bad cmos clocks and dead batteries, I want to skip the hassle of going into the bios on these and manually setting the time.

And when these are reimaged there is no internet.

I need these machines with bad cmos batteries to be able to be preimaged with a date and time at least in 2013 that way when going on facebook etc it doesnt act all buggy (as some sites do when the clock is set to 1980)

I need something pretty much exactly as described in the post.

Then you need to build a batch file and insert it in the registry. There is no pre-made program to do what you ask.

if the cmos batteries are dead then just buy new ones. they are only around 2 dollars per battery. no big deal honestly.

if the cmos batteries are dead then just buy new ones. they are only around 2 dollars per battery. no big deal honestly.

It IS a big deal when its for 300+ systems, if you have nothing to add to the topic its better just not to respond.

Nothing like posting for help about a program and get useless advice on how to buy cmos batteries. Those who legitimately tried to help, thanks.

What i'm saying is I would be greatful to anyone that has a clock program as described in the opening post or something similar. I would appreciate if someone did not have expertise in this area to stay out of the thread, thanks.

What i'm saying is I would be greatful to anyone that has a clock program as described in the opening post or something similar. I would appreciate if someone did not have expertise in this area to stay out of the thread, thanks.

Don't bite the hand that feeds dude.

You didn't mention until the 9th post that this was for more than one machine.

Original poster, you do not have to state your reasons for asking a legitimate question and it is nobody's business but yours.

What if you placed a .bat file in your Windows startup folder? Create a file in Notepad with command lines then save it as a .bat file.

Will these command lines work?
http://m.wikihow.com/Change-the-Computer-Time-and-Date-Using-the-Command-Prompt
Don't forget to post your complete solution if you eventually find it.

If you have 300+ computers all running in an environment, you really should have an NTP server on it too. Stratum 1 time is not cheap (ie GPS receiver) but with hundreds of computers you should have some sort of time server to synchronize all the clients instead of all the clients reaching an outside NTP server.

For a batch file you can use several registry keys, one for example

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

This will run every time the system is booted up.

If you have 300+ computers all running in an environment, you really should have an NTP server on it too. Stratum 1 time is not cheap (ie GPS receiver) but with hundreds of computers you should have some sort of time server to synchronize all the clients instead of all the clients reaching an outside NTP server.

For a batch file you can use several registry keys, one for example

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

This will run every time the system is booted up.
And Windows Time or the bios clock will reset it every time.;)
It's not that simple.

He can disable Windows Time sync. If he just UNCHECKS the sync check box.

Then if the .bat file runs at startup to set the date...

hey guys to the people that provided actual feedback, much thanks. cullum your feedback was not usable in this situation but this actually is something i am looking into for something else, so thanks for that.

I found something called nettime.

We've been messing around with selling old computers (circa 2001) the first round went OK and need a fast turn around on them. acronis and norton image work good however, a problem is the clock since they are so old the clocks on most of them say 1980, the batteries are replaced at the point of sale, so when the customers get them they have problems with facebook and other sites because of the out of date. We've just been telling them how to change the time to fix this issue but some customers can't handle this, or want to deal with ti.

Net time updates the clock the second the computer connects to internet in the background, problem solved. thanks.

Windows has an automatic time update feature but you have to have at least the right year or it acts wonky.

Well wait, did you want the current date set? I thought you wanted a specific old date set?

There is plenty of software which can get the current date set, maybe this one:
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/

Scroll down and try both new versions and old 2.7.0.3. I found the old v2.7.0.3 to be more reliable for old machines.

Last edited:
Back