• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a new cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psycrow

Registered
Hi

I just installed my new pc with this seidon 240 M cooler from coolermaster
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=10025

And i dont like it because i find it to noisy, maybe because i was forced to install the fans right under the top on my coolermaster case since my asus rampage card not would alow me to install em elsewere in this case. I sit very close to my pc so i can clearly hear the fans. Also my temp is on 38-40 idle on 1300 ish mhz and 65-67 on load with 4300 mhz..

I have had better cooling "non liquid" before this crappy seidon..so i want a new cpu cooler and i need thé best cooler you people can come up with.

Maybe im crazy here but i like to have a silent pc and cool cpu ;-)

Its a 2011socket intel 3,60 ghz cpu and asus rampage IV formula mobo in a Cooler Master HAF XM case

Last edited:
Any chance you can just control the fans with your motherboard bios to make them quieter? If not, the Noctua NH-D14 is a beast. I use to have an 212 EVO with Cougar fans at 100% that is pretty much dead silent.

Why don't you take a look at one of the new corsair 100i coolers. I have not used one but my understanding is they have adopted the same fan controller that Antec uses in their closed loops coolers which I have used (Antec 920). They are very quiet with the added ability to set up a custom fan curve based on the coolant temp, ie when you need more cooling the system will ramp up your fans rpm as needed based on what you set in the controller software. You kinda get the best of both worlds quiet when you need it and more cooling when you need it. Keep in mind those fans can get noisy when they run full tilt.

Last edited:
hmm can the hyper 212 evo even stand up to a clocked I7 4300 mhz ??

I was thinking of a Corsair H100I the I version!

I own own one. Quiet as a Butterfly. Cools amazingly.
Plus you can use Colored rings around them, so you have a red case, use a red ring, blue/blue whit/whit etc..

Get the Thermalright Silver Arrow, or the new Archon, or True Spirit 140...AIO wc is not that good, and most kits have thin rads which need noisy fans to work.

Nothing wrong with AIO units depending on which you buy.

I choosed the noctua D14 because i found out my friend has the same and it seems to do the trick

Back