• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a new router, any suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lotec25 said:
I have a Linksys Wrt54G myself. and i have it modded as well i have a linux style mod installed on it. It is secure and i have had people run some programs on me to test it and it works fine. There are still a few ports opened but for the most part is it a preety good program. I have Snort on it and a few other programs. This is the firmware i used on mine. http://www.sveasoft.com/ you have to look threw it to find it.

I also have a smoothwall and i like it. It is alot more secure then a regular wrt54g but as far as everyday use i dont know if it is for everyone. If you have no idea what your doing or if you dont want to research how to use it then you are better off just going with a good router. Right out of the box Smoothwall runs and preforms great but if you look threw the forums and read some on it you can make it very very secure. I have a few mods installed on mine. I hope this helps yea out a little.

Lotec25

that router is pretty good, I have it...although I have really felt the need to mod it or anything.

Back