• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need an original 2.4 GHZ P4 owner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes mica i agree that there is much more room for oc in intel much much more than amd.

No you shoudnt

But Fizz did you ever read them , some of them seem to correct
but only for older p4 like my 1.7 or 1.4 & 1.5.
So if you insist it's not true.
I gotta tell you another truth.
Do you believe 20000! runs faster in PIII 1100 than my 1.7 GHZ
Or there is a certain scenc in 3dsmax 2.5 (rayrazor).
This pIII renders the faster than mine
mine 53 s pIII's 49 s
so how do you explain it that in some cases loder p4s are even slower than high end pIII,
i think if we could build a 1000 mhz processor and use the p4 architecture for it ,it would be tenfolds slower than the same clock piii

afshin... you really should get some professional help.

noone here is talking about willamete p4's... frankly the reason we don't is cause THEY SUCK.

for some reason or another you have gotten it in your head that that stupid little calc test is the only way to judge performance.

the pentium4 fails to deliver
you aren't serious are you?
laugh.gif

you are comparing athlon xp 1800+ to willamete p4's which are basically the equivalent of a celeron beefed up slightly.

get a clue and compare performance lines with performance lines. athlon xp to northwood p4's.

perhaps this will put a smile on Afshin_BMW face...

My xp1600 @ 1.57ghz which is about a xp1850 :rolleyes: did the extremely hard unbareable 20000! test that my P4 did so poorly on in 4 seconds flat... this time i used a stop watch. and my p4 still does it in 5.1 seconds.
but im sure this helped alittle, when i did the test on my amd rig it was from a fresh install of winXP. right when the install was done i ran the test. I didnt even install any other drivers or updates just went ahead with the test so there u have it. nice score yes... BUT, that doesnt mean my xp1600 outperforms my intel rig. maybe in the math department yes but it will lose in many if not the rest of the benchies. so the only thing this proves is that amd does better in math calculations... but what about the rest???

AZN

20000!

20000! just over 5 seconds.
Stock 2.4 with 512
A couple of other things running
PCmark for this rig is 9600

But Hey!!! I tried 21000! and it was <7 seconds. Pushing the envelope I went to 25000! but the system wasn't stable so I upped teh voltage adn phoned teh manufacturer to complain that they needed memory dividers.....I bet if I watercooled this puppy I could get it down......

Just think maybe I could do 30000! without stupid messages. Now if I switched to linux....
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Re: 20000!

rhogg said:
20000! just over 5 seconds.
Stock 2.4 with 512
A couple of other things running
PCmark for this rig is 9600

But Hey!!! I tried 21000! and it was <7 seconds. Pushing the envelope I went to 25000! but the system wasn't stable so I upped teh voltage adn phoned teh manufacturer to complain that they needed memory dividers.....I bet if I watercooled this puppy I could get it down......

Just think maybe I could do 30000! without stupid messages. Now if I switched to linux....
:eek: :eek: :eek:
u would be the coolest OCer here if u can do 30000! o man i only wish ;)
2.4ghz oced or no? PCmark is 9600 for cpu??? thats kinda unbelievable... can u post benchies?
AZN

Correction

:oops: Right you are. The 3D mark is 9300 the PC mark is 5673 on the CPU score. This time I went and looked them up :burn:

I'm seriously laughing outloud.

So, this Afishe_BMW guy actually thinks AMD's are better then P4? Hahaha, and he's comparing XPs to Willametes. This is funny indeed. I think a OCd Celeron 2.0A to 2.5 or higher would rock any XP right from 1400 to 2400, stick a Cely 2.0A on a Rambus board and run it against a DCDDR XP and it wills still kick its arse.

The XPs are good for math calculations, yes we all know it, why do you think some dude at overclockers.com actually built a dual XP/MP system. So it could FOLD, yes, do mathematical genome folding calculations.

AMD needs a few more years of research before it actually catches up to Intel in its processor devision, until then lets sit back, enjoy the droping price ride of competition and make fun of AMD.

Oh yeah, gave my sister my old XP1800 after my father asked my to build her a new computer for college, after i put together the P4 i kept it :cool: , CAUSE IT ROCKS!!! I do not think I will return to AMD in the near future.

Take Care Everybody.

KAM

YOU JUST GOT FRAGGED!

FIZZ3 said:

Come on Maxvla, we all know the True Benchmark can only be how fast you can warm up your cold feet with your toes epoxied to the CPU heatsink. The XP wins hands down! Ownage!

Damn Right In that aspect the P4 gets owned. lol ;)

Btw the 1600+ only uses 60 watts, so it aint' bad

I think a OCd Celeron 2.0A to 2.5 or higher would rock any XP right from 1400 to 2400, stick a Cely 2.0A on a Rambus board and run it against a DCDDR XP and it wills still kick its arse.

I beg the differ, The Xp has much better memory management than the Cele. I mean DDR vs DDR the Xp will own the Cele. Hands Down.

Mr. $T$ said:

I beg the differ, The Xp has much better memory management than the Cele. I mean DDR vs DDR the Xp will own the Cele. Hands Down.

Huh, what? .. XP much better memory management? give me a break! let me give you your excuse for any and I mean "ANY" benchmark program out there, old AMDSAM says "Most benchmark proggies out there are optimized for P4s, hence, no AMD will score any higher than P4s" .. yet, you guys compare them to P4s / celies whenever and wherever you think you came close to a P4!

I was just being a smart ***! LOL

hey Pacino!
I'm buying up some new parts for a 2.8ghz system. Do you think I would be alright with an ABIT TH7II w/ Samsung PC1066 ?

Last edited:
Burning Phoenix said:

hey Pacino!
I'm buying up some new parts for a 2.8ghz system. Do you think I would be alright with an ABIT TH7II w/ Samsung PC1066 ?

the mobo rocks.

I can go to at least 164fsb....thats the highest I tested this cpu.

mica

i went over 173fsb stable with that board, my cpu flaked out but im sure it will go much higher.

AZN

FIZZ3 said:

Come on Maxvla, we all know the True Benchmark can only be how fast you can warm up your cold feet with your toes epoxied to the CPU heatsink. The XP wins hands down! Ownage!

lol! it's snowing today in Cleveland, so I find your statement particularly significant today!;)

Burning Phoenix said:

hey Pacino!

dude, the TH7II is still THE BEST p4 mobo out there, hands down! especially if you can land a refurb from the egg for $50!:cool:

I think a OCd Celeron 2.0A to 2.5 or higher would rock any XP right from 1400 to 2400, stick a Cely 2.0A on a Rambus board and run it against a DCDDR XP and it wills still kick its arse.

i had a 2.0a celly oc'ed to a stable 3200, and it was rockin, hard. i would like to see some head to head with xp chips, and my old 3200 celly.:cool:

Yes MAx i do need a real proffesional helper.
Cause you are realy dodging

BTW did any one read at:

http://www.emulators.com/docs/pentium_1.htmy

If you say it's absurd:

What do u say about this:
Last night i had a Piii 1000 before my eyes, i ran the god damn
20000! test , it took over my 1.7 by 1 second.

If someone in the world cannot expects P4 1.7 to be faster than piii 1000(even in math), then what the hell can he be expecting from a p4 .
So i think this is the piont where my poor p4 whether a willy or northy fails to deliver.
This is the point that i think some idiots in INTEL CO. will never learn.
I have told them these things before, but they only refered me to god damn optimized programs for P4.

EVERY BODY IN THE WORLD ,tell me if i'm wrong.:eek:

Last edited:
Back