• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help cooling down my PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElmoElbadry

Registered
Ok for some reason my PC keep heating up and i will explain everything in details.

Heating up causes Huge fps drops in league of legends by a massive FPs Drops....

GgofjTL.jpg

So only my GPU Is fine at 34 C even while im playing...

My CPU sometimes 50 c even if im idle

my TMP01 and 02 and i think those are the mobo temps are really high also even if im idle around 60

I'm in summer idk the room temps also maybe it's 30-40 c

I can hardly afford buying another fan as i do live in Egypt and it's expensive because of the currency conversions

CPU IS OVERCLOCKED to 4.00 GHz normal is 3.6

I think if i lowered the overclock? or play around the voltages i could cool my PC? but the problem is how i really need to cool down my CPU and TMP01, 02 Temps down....

Attachments

• GgofjTL.jpg
    GgofjTL.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 60
Generally overclocking on the stock cooler is very limited. You're probably getting away with it because your CPU is only a 4 core and not the 6 or 8 core processors. If you are unable to purchase a good after market cooler I would recommend dropping back down to stock settings until the heat of the summer subsides. Egypt has some brutal summers as you are well aware. LOL

Also, yes dropping voltage can/will lower temps assuming you can maintain stability.

the problem i dunno what voltages i should set or how to know what i should set :(

i've restored the bios settings to default so it set everything to auto

ok i think im getting temps down on the mobo but the CPU temps keep fluctuate between 30-50 not stable at all.... any solution?

Kingston RAM and an MSI motherboard. Bad combo for AMD CPU.

Elmo, what is the rated frequency of the RAM off the shelf?

Please install CPU-z and attach pics of the CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

By the way, I have an FX-4350 overclocked to 4.6 Prime95 stable using only a Coolermaster Hyper TX3.

Last edited:
Single channel tells me ram is in the wrong slots.
HT link should be 2600 also.

the problem the currency conversion now in Egypt 1 dollar = 20 EGP which prevents me to buy something everything is very expensive now.

- - - Updated - - -

Rams in Slot #1 and Slot #2

^^ +1

Confirm in your manual which slots to put the sticks in is a start! It says single, you have two sticks, they arent in the right slots.

Anyway...cooling... where are your fans located and what are they doing? Intake or exhaust? Opening the case may help.... try it. If it does, you need more fans or make sure they are doing the right thing. Front/sides = intake, top/rear exhaust.

Last edited:
thanks about the Ram tip, i will fix it about the fans i think they are intake because they don't blow into me when i put my hand there my pc since the summer motherboard temps goes high with the CPU when i only open Discord + League of Legends from....

CPU 30 temps idle i guess..... motherboard 40-50

when i open discord + league of legends CPU 50 and motherboard 50-65

We get it... its warm. :)

Make sure your fans are blowing the right way as described earlier...you may need an additional fan on the motherboard...but lets look at free options first.

1. Confirm airflow is front/sides = intake while top/rear = exhaust.
2. Try with case open after making sure fans are blowing right.

Report back with results when done...

One more thing... your cpu temps seem fine. Especially if you ambient/room temp is 30c+...there isnt much you can do if your room is 30C+ my man..

Last edited:
about number 1 i really didn't get it sorry like how would i confirm that btw there is only 1 fan for the case it comes from behind "The case plugging place" 1 big fan, and a cpu fan and 2 fans on the gpu and i think the power supply has one to confirm the airflow idk how to do that... but if u meant where is the fan it's in the back side there is no top or rear fan...

Also i've put the Ram on slot 3 so now it's 1 and 3 how to make sure now it's working the right way?

- - - Updated - - -

HT link should be 2600 also.

what is the HT link?

1. You need to figure out which way the fan is blowing... typically the side of the fan with specs on it its blowing at you. But really, think just a little and i am sure you can figure out which way a fan is blowing.

It seems as though you only have one case fan... clearly that isnt enough to get the hot air out of the case or frsh air in. Id get a front intake and a top exhaust to help you out.

RE ram: Use that cpuz program again, the memory tab, and see if it says Dual channel where it said single before. But lets deal with the cooling issue here since ram has nothing to do with it. :)

Last edited:
Back